• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
paejunk

How Can I Find Out What Threat Was Deleted

4 posts in this topic

Hi All

Newbie question.

I have Ad-Aware Free Antivirus +, Version 10.1.211.3882, running on Windows XP SP3.

I recently had a scan come back with one detected threat. I inadvertently clicked "clean" and the threat is now "deleted". I can view the results of the scan by clicking on the relevant Scan History Report, which brings up what is termed a "Detailed Report". This suggests there was 1 threat detected and 2 traces detected. It goes on to suggest that 1 threat was deleted.

How can I find out what the threat was (in case it was a false positive on a benign program that I might need to re-install)?

Thanks

Peter (paejunk)

Hi paejunk,

Is the threat listed on the Quarantine tab?

If yes, please double-click the threat name. In the new box, the traces with file names should be listed.

Hi Cecilia

Thanks for the quick reply.

No, I'm afraid the quarantine is empty. :(

Any other ideas? Perhaps there are some log files somewhere...?

Cheers, Peter

Hi paejunk,

You are welcome :)

This is the log file:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\AntiMalware\History\.xml

If you want to upload the log file, you need to zip it first: Right-click the file and select "Send to" - "Compressed folder"

To upload the file, click on the "More Reply Options" button first.

I recommend that you upgrade to the latest version of Ad-Aware, Ad-Aware 10.4. A lot of bugs have been fixed since 10.1.