Sign in to follow this  
Seesawstar

7fasst

Hi - adaware has been reporting that something named "7fasst" has been found. There's only one entry, and it's only found during a full search (not during a quick scan). It always finds it within the first couple minutes of the full scan, and it always comes back even though I select "delete".

I haven't installed anything except updates to trusted programs, and I haven't visited any shifty/unknown websites. I'm basically not seeing any symptoms of this except that my wireless keyboard has been slow, but I think that's more the keyboard than the computer. Nothing weird in my browsers or any redirects - it's basically been business as usual.

I've ran other anti spyware scans and they're not reporting anything. I searched on these forums and someone reported that it was a false positive from the radarsync toolbar - except that I don't use (or have ever used) said toolbar.

Can someone please help and let me know if this is a legitimate threat...?

Thanks.

P.S. - I have the latest threat definitions - was just updated today, actually.

dds.txt

attach.txt

Edited by Seesawstar

Hi Seesawstar,

It would be nice to see the result of the scan of Ad-Aware. Ad-Aware created a log file with the result, which you can find here:

C:\ProgramData\Lavasoft\AntiMalware\History\<date information>.xml

Please, select the last log file, right-click it and select "Send to" - "Compressed folder". A new file with extension .zip will be created and it is this file you should upload together with your answer.

I can't see anything malicious in the log files, but you have some old program versions that can be used to infect the computer from a web page. I suggest that you use Secunia's Software Inspector to check what you need to update.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/detect-vulnerable-programs-with-secunia-psi/ describes how to install and use the program.

You should have UAC set to a high level, since that can help you protect the computer from malicious programs.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/What-are-User-Account-Control-settings

Hi Cecilia - thanks for replying. Attached is the latest log file.

Also, I ran Secuina and got a score of 93% and was left with 5 programs that couldn't be updated (adobe acrobat 9.x - which says it's not found or something, adobe flash - which is in use, photoshop, python 2.7x - no clue what that is, and something called microsoft xml core services 4.x). And I also changed my UAC settings to "always notify" - thanks for pointing that out!

Please let me know your thoughts! Thank you so much!

20130213194722.zip

Hi Seesawstar,

You are welcome :)

It's only a left-over of a toolbar that is found, the toolbar itself has been removed earlier. Maybe it couldn't be deleted because Internet Explorer was open. Please, try first to scan with Ad-Aware while Internet Explorer is turned off.

Regarding what Secunia's program found, I recommend that you download new versions/updates manually of Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Flash and Photoshop from the companies' web sites or maybe there are update possibilities from inside the programs. Python is a program language and in this case I guess it is something another program has installed. Regarding XML Core Services, please start Windows Update and check if something is listed there.

Good that you have changed the UAC setting.

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact the staff member who was helping you with your issue.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Thank you !