• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jezemondo

secure search

4 posts in this topic

Hi

I have, through a java installation had lavasoft secure search attach itself to my firefox browser, even though I spaecifically left the tick box blank during installation. I had ad aware anti virus installed. I have uninstalled everything i can find and done all i can on firefox controls. I have even used system restore, and this secure search still remains. Why have lavasoft made it so hard to get rid of. Put me off for life. Can anyone help please.

Hi jezemondo,

Please, specify which version of Ad-Aware you had and which Windows version you have.

Is "secure search" visible as a toolbar, a search engine or how?

I just installed the most recent version of the free adaware program and also cannot figure out how to uninstall the lavasoft secure search. When I open the chrome browser to go online, both the Secure Search AND iGoogle pages load. Regular google is supposed to be my home page. Don't like this feature and would like to get rid of it.