Sign in to follow this  
Ana1990

Finding the original directory of a Trojan now in Quarantine Section

After a quick scan, my Ad-Aware found a trojan, while opening the report on it, I found the directory given to me by the antivirus where the trojan would have been found to be a fake (the "Quarantine" obviously is real, just not the directory for 'Traces'). Such directory doesn't exist on my PC. Now I've been looking into the configuration files of Ad-Aware, and for example the file wich holds the details on the Quarantine section for such trojan, explicitly set up such directory as 'fake' on its own. Is there a way I can find the true origin of the trojan on my computer once detected and before it was transferred to the Quarantine section, and any potential infection on my computer through Ad-Aware virus scan/reports?

Hi Ana1990,

I'm not sure that I understand what you mean. Which folder is fake?

To find out more about a quarantined item e.g. the original path, you double-click the item on the quarantine tab.

You can find instructions of how to find the log files on http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=18033