Sign in to follow this  
petermant

Trying to get rid of WebHP redirect

I've run a complete Adaware scan, which picked up and quarantined various Trojans and other generally low security threats. However, there's one that it hasn't dealt with. When I type in www.google.com it's automatically appending /webhp?source=search_app to that address. Having researched this, I believe this is a virus that automatically sets the home page to a fake Google site which also contains a rootkit which can disable the PC's firewall and other methods of security. According to the source of this information, running an antivirus software in Safemode, then specifically running "Remove Rootkit" once a full scan has been completed should remove the threat. However, I can't see where the remove "Remove Rootkit" option is in Adaware. Please help. Thx.

Hi petermant,

Both Quick and Full Scan in Ad-Aware search for rootkits, you don't need to set an option for that.

Please, to get help with cleaning your computer follow the instructions in the topic Read This Before You Post!.

Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Thank You !