Sign in to follow this  
computercrap1

Trojan Virus Trojan.Win32.Generic!BT ...Please Help Remove...

Hi-I noticed my computer running slow within the last week or two. I decided to do a run on ad-aware, and the results came up with a trojan virus titled Trojan.Win32.Generic!BT. I quarantined it, but have no idea how to get rid of it! My adaware program says the trace is in my C:\Documents and Settings\*My Folder with my name*\Downloads\Media PlayerInstaller.exe

I went into that file, and could not find it! I don't know exactly what to do as I cannot find it, but I want to get rid of and remove it from my computer... I just want it gone, and I have no idea what to do... I believe it came from a link on facebook that I clicked on that prompted me to "update my flash/video player", and then after I had done so, nothing had happened... I thought it seemed weird, and I think thats where it came from, however, I dont remember what the file is called, and it is not in my downloads folder... I dont know what to do... Please help... Any would be great...

Thank You

Hi computercrap1,

When you (Ad-Aware) put a file in quarantine, the file is moved from its original location to the quarantine folder of Ad-Aware. That is the reason why you can't find the file now. You don't need to do anything more.

• Like 1

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact the staff member who was helping you with your issue.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Thank you !