Sign in to follow this  
Slandlord

Direct Specials Today ... Ad-aware does not remove.

I installed a trojan a few weeks ago and it is causing havoc on my system. I got rid of most of the instances of it but there is one that is still stopping me use ebay properly and it keeps diverting browser links from those I'm clicking on. The pages it lands on when it does this seem random but the most frequent one is Direct Specials Today as well as Zbiddy and a lot of questionaire pages. When I installed the trojan it asked if I wanted to install a ad program when sadly I accepted. I don't know if ad-aware cannot remove programs I have installed on my control panal list. I have gone through them and removed the ones I think might be spyware. I have also in the process removed programs I needed by accident and now nothing on the list is obviously spyware. Please help as this program is stopping me from listing on ebay and if I can't get rid of it I'm going to have to do something drastic like reformat the drive.

Many thanks

Bill

I just tried to restore my computer using restore points from 3 weeks ago. Of course it didn't work and the only thing I can think of that will work is to nuke the operating system and the system files. I have the trojan I downloaded if anyone wants to look at it. Whatever it is that is doing this it carries on working even while Spybot and Ad-Aware are running. I think I'm at my Wits End now.

Please somebody suggest something.

Best wishes

Bill

I installed a trojan a few weeks ago and it is causing havoc on my system. I got rid of most of the instances of it but there is one that is still stopping me use ebay properly and it keeps diverting browser links from those I'm clicking on. The pages it lands on when it does this seem random but the most frequent one is Direct Specials Today as well as Zbiddy and a lot of questionaire pages. When I installed the trojan it asked if I wanted to install a ad program when sadly I accepted. I don't know if ad-aware cannot remove programs I have installed on my control panal list. I have gone through them and removed the ones I think might be spyware. I have also in the process removed programs I needed by accident and now nothing on the list is obviously spyware. Please help as this program is stopping me from listing on ebay and if I can't get rid of it I'm going to have to do something drastic like reformat the drive.

Many thanks

Bill

Many thanks for your advice. I have gone to the relevent forum and posted both the DDS and Attach files generated by DDS. I'll save some bandwidth by not posting them again here.

Best wishes

Bill

You are welcome :)

Someone will go through the logs and come back to you as soon as we have the necessary time to go through logs (sometimes takes an hour to do it).