Sign in to follow this  
doowangle

Ignore list no help, Keeps quarantining program.

Hello, I have a program installed that is detected (correctly) as a hacktool. When I load the program, without fail, Ad Aware quanrentines it, rending the program inoperable. I then have to disable the real time protection and restore the file. I have tried adding the file to the ignore list, to no avail. Even on the list, it closes the program when I open it unless real time protection is disabled.

I can't put this in the false positive thread because technically its not a false positive, but it is not a hacktool that is a threat to me. How do I get Ad Aware to truly leave my .dll alone?

Edited by doowangle

Hi doowangle,

Which Ad-Aware product and which version do you have?

Sorry, I'm a volunteer here and the forum is mainly for users that help each other.

I think the ignore list is only used during scans and not by real-time protection, but I'll ask my contact person at Lavasoft when she is back in the office.

You have the possibility to alter the default action of the real-time protection from quarantine to allow in the settings of real-time protection, instead of turning it off completely.

I was wrong, the ignore list should be used by real-time protection.

Please, check that the folder and file name of the file in quarantine exactly match the one you have entered in the ignore list. If correct, Lavasoft would like to investigate the issue with your file. Please, right-click the file, that Ad-Aware puts into quarantine and select Send To - Compressed Folder, followed by uploading it to the forum. But not in this topic where everyone can download the file, but start a new topic here: http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?/forum/93-report-a-false-positive/

Please, include a link to this topic and the attach the compressed folder.

Hi doowangle,

Is Ad-Aware now working as you want since you haven't written here?