Sign in to follow this  
dbarsalano

Missing SearchProtection.exe?

Hello,
and let me ask. After installing the new version of Ad-Aware to me after the system start displays a message stating that "The system can not find the file SearchProtection.exe". Advice what to do. Thank you.

count

Hi count,

The file is a part of the Safe Browsing Add-on of Ad-Aware.

Did you select to install the Safe Browsing Add-on during installation?

Do you want to have it?

You are welcome :)

You can reinstall Ad-Aware and see if the file will be installed. Please, notify what you select and any information from Ad-Aare during the installation.

Maybe the release notes help you to understand what happens during the installation: http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?/topic/33131-ad-aware-105-released/

So to reinstall again, my God!; why do not you just think that the newer "perfect" version programs are worse than the previous...

Anyway thanks for the advice.

Well, I'm not employed by Lavasoft, I don't think anything at all about whether versions are better or worse. But it isn't normal to get your issue, I think you are the first one in the forum. But I can imagine it can appear if e.g. a browser is open during installation, the toolbar was installed before but unticked this time.

If you prefer that, it's certainly possible to investigate what has been installed, but it would probably take longer time than reinstalling Ad-Aware.

• Like 1