Sign in to follow this  
draggindime

Ad-Aware 10.5+ Blocking Chrome or Shockwave

I had several pop ups appearing every time I opened Google Chrome and tried to browse any site. I downloaded the #1 rated free Anti-virus Ad-Aware 10.5+ . I stared a full computer scan and was browsing the internet while it was running. All the sudden a yellow bar appeared on all my tabs in Chrome saying Shockwave was not running correctly. I have made sure there are no conflicts with Chrome, but cannot figure out what is stopping my Shockwave. Could it possibly be Ad-Aware blocking it? I should not have a virus because I did complete the full scan and removed all threats. Is there a list of programs that Ad-Aware is blocking, and can I allow some programs? Any info is great. Thanks.

Hi draggindime,

Ad-Aware only blocks malicious programs.

Please, attach the log file from Ad-Aware, we need to see what Ad-Aware has found. The location of the log file is:

XP - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\AntiMalware\History\<date information>.xml
Vista and 7 - C:\ProgramData\Lavasoft\AntiMalware\History\<date information>.xml

Right-click the file and select Send to - Compressed folder. A new file with extension .zip will be created and it is this file you should upload.

To upload the file, click on the More Reply Options button within your post, followed by the Browse button, navigate to the log file's location, select the file then click the Attach the file button.

Sign in to follow this