Sign in to follow this  
Tech83

Ad-Aware 11 Beta Test Request Ignored?

Question

Hi! All,

I am a little perplexed as I've requested to beta test Ad-Aware 11 and after more than 72 hours I've not heard back. I would like to know is there some kind of issue that I'm unaware of that's preventing my request from going through or is the beta not going to be available in the U.S.? I was really hoping to beta test Ad-Aware 11 so that issues that occurred in version 10 (like compatibility) can be avoided. I've been able to beta test all versions since 2007 with the exception of Ad-Aware 10 because it was unavailable for testing in my area; I would most certainly hope that Ad-Aware 11 Beta is a different case and I can resume beta testing the new Ad-Aware versions as the betas become available. I also hope that the ID monitoring service that was introduced in version 10 is still available in version 11 and that everyone will get the opportunity to enjoy its services.

Thank you, for your time,

Tech83

16 answers to this question

Hi Tech83,

Have you received an answer now (please, check spam folder too)?

An e-mail were sent to all who applied during the weekend approx. an hour ago.

Hi! Pierre67,

I read the posts you sent; I believe I read them before I posted my message. Thanks, for your response.

Hi! CeciliaB,

I have checked my e-mail inbox and spam folder but I have not received a response from Lavasoft at this time. Ironically, the Lavasoft domain is in my trusted list so I should be receiving their messages without a problem. This is quite puzzling.

Thanks, for your response,

Tech83 :-)

Hi Tech83,

I'll send you and the person at Lavasoft that is responsible for the beta test a PM.

Guest Ann_M

Hi Tech83,

We are sorry for any inconviences you have.

There were problems with sending emails to persons that already were beta testers. Problem was fixed, but later than you applied, I guess.

Can you please click on "I want to be a beta tester again" or tell me your name to be able to find you?

Regards,

Ann

I got to the the page that says my betas and my reports but that does not help unless I have the program. Will do I get it or is the beta testing closed.

Good!

Do you see "Ad-Aware 11 Closed Beta" under "My Betas"?

If yes, click on it and you will arrive to a page for Ad-Aware 11 Beta with a download button.

If no, I'll inform the person responsible for beta testing tomorrow.

Sorry, I forgot to ask if you have checked the spam/junk/bulk folder in the email program or email web page.

It might be useful, if you can write with which user name you sign in on Lavasoft web site.

Have you received the email now, Black Ghost?

It should have been sent approx 4 hours ago. I have just learnt that it's a manual process and therefore no replies during the weekend.

After you did your reply I got a e-mail for the beta test version. I was just wondering if the was on what the different version are so I can pick the one for me? What I would like to see is a chart that shows the difference of each.

I'm glad that you now can enter the beta test center for Ad-Aware 11.

I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean the differences between Free, Personal etc?
You can read about it in the User's Guide, and it's a link to it when you are in the beta test center for Ad-Aware 11, chapter "Product Information", section "Ad-Aware Features".