Sign in to follow this  
CeciliaB

Suggestions & ideas - what features would you like to see in Ad-Aware 11 or 12?

Question

Ad-Aware 11.0 have now been released, but let Lavasoft know what improvements you want them to include in future versions.

If you have a idea for a new feature, something you'd like to see in the GUI or any other suggestions you have to make Ad-Aware 11 better, post them here.

Be as detailed as you like!

Please, try to only post suggestions and short answers in this topic. If you want help with an issue, please start your own topic.

Just remove the missing components in the free version instead of making them grey/disabled. We know there is a premium version. Less bloat>more happy users.

1) Allow importing email lists into safe list instead of having to hand add them one at a time. Maybe as text files or .xlsx or whatever. Maybe okay for occasional computer users but for business it is hours worth of frustration.

2) Allow entry of whole domains e.g. "@abc.com" so anyone there can email us. Any idea how annoying it is to add 50 team email addresses from the same company [email protected], [email protected], etc.

3) If you really want to join the 21st century, accept email from any email address in user's directory such as Outlook - unless user puts it on a block list.

Lastly, have your people get logical.

Even on Permissive:

I get spam notices with my invoices/notices from major corporations such as AT&T, Sprint, US Bank, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan Chase and many more

It even frequently marks your own Ad-Aware emails as SPAM!!!!!!!!!

Engineers need to build in a realistic set of pass-thru emails and more a user friendly email management feature.

Using Ad-Aware continuously since 1999

A suggestion for the documentation of command line scanners:

The manual and other documentation (including the --help switch) should be up-graded to correctly explain how/if archives are treated differently than other files and folders.

From topic http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?/topic/34481-adawarecommandlinescanner-quarantine-fails-for-infected-archive/#entry150251 where more information about the suggestion can be found.

Is it just me thinking that it is rather unprofessional of Lavasoft Support to recommend me to download a 3rd party software and use it during the free trial period in order to remove previous Ad Aware version,

instead of that Ad Aware during installation itself remove older versions first before installing a later version?

It wouldn't hurt either to have a feature during installation to have a repair option of already installed version in case something might be wrong with it (corrupt or missing files for example).

Kenneth, you are right Ad Aware should be able to remove their products completely! But even with Revo Uninstaller there are remnants left behind. It appears Ad Aware hides process deep inside your system. I now run the full version of Revo and log all my installs.

When you use a product like Revo and you have problems with a reinstall (of Ad Aware) support must log into your system to remove their junk before you can get Ad Aware re-installed. I have been chastise about this in the past.

I have recently installed WIN 10 on a couple of machines and i am using Defender on one of my machines. Let's see what happens.

I stopped using Ad-Aware years ago due to several reasons but I think version 11 is one of the better versions, my suggestions:

- automatic program upgrades are important, is this feature still not implemented? this suggestion is really old ...

- make it compact (your software seem to be coded by beginners: 522 mb for an offline installer + 155 mb signature updates = 677 mb for an antivirus!)

- make it really free (if it's free why is it necessary to renew a licence every year?)

- prompt user when an infected file is found (instead of autodelete/autoquarantine)

- please don't change the GUI with every new version, GUI of v 11 is ok

However, the rest of version 11 is really nice. :)

..and also would be nice have "Update Now" on right click on icon in task bar, because sometimes automatic update not work in some circumstances. ;)

Hi Jack,

Lavasoft is beta-testing version 12 now. Do you want to participate and be able to give your feedback?

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?/forum/193-ad-aware-12-beta-testing/