Sign in to follow this  
ST2005

ST2005, splittet topic - Which incompatible SW

Question

AdAware 10.5 uninstalled, then I got the message about detecting incompatible software.

I allowed a 2nd line install (big blue button - there were no other options).

Now Windows Security Center says:

Virus Protection is Off - "Ad-Aware Antivirus reports that it is turned off"

Ad-Aware says "Real-Time Protection OFF"

7 answers to this question

Guest Ann_M

ST2005, thank you for the answer.

Can you please click on any yellow button? You should see the message telling which incompatible software was detected and tell please.

Thanks,

Ann

Yes, a message that MalwareBytes is installed. This has been on at some time in the past to fix a particular issue but isn't now (as far as I know). I'll clean the registry. Do you know how you are detecting this ? Is it from the registry or are you looking for a certain .exe file ?

Guest Ann_M

ST2005, unfortunately, I cannot tell that information, name the files or keys, as it is confidential.

Please look through the registry and delete everything related to MalwareBytes if you are sure that it was deletded and could leave behind some files.

Regards,

Ann

Yes, a message that MalwareBytes is installed. This has been on at some time in the past to fix a particular issue but isn't now (as far as I know). I'll clean the registry. Do you know how you are detecting this ? Is it from the registry or are you looking for a certain .exe file ?

Hi ST2005,

Malwarebytes have a special uninstall tool to remove everything of MBAM: https://helpdesk.malwarebytes.org/entries/25291497-How-do-I-uninstall-Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware-

Thanks Ann and Cecilia, it is working fine now.

By the way, I don't mind the GUI, though the ability to size the window (and therefore not need scroll bars) would be nice.

Guest Ann_M

ST2005, thank you for letting us to know. We are happy that program works for you now.

Concerning program size, we appreciate your remarks and wishes. This proposition would be discussed.

Regards,

Ann

LS Ann. I initially installed ver. 11 from CNET. It failed to install, and gave an incompatibility error. It also attempted to download a new browser and change my home page, which I have locked down so that CNET can't do that. They are the worst download site on the net. I went to Softpedia and downloaded from the US server and the program installed quickly and without a problem. Please don't use CNET in the furture.

I hope that you have eliminated the nag screen that was in ver 10, trying to get me to down load a bunch of bloat ware. Not all of us are nubies.

Thanks

Yogidaddy.