Sign in to follow this  
John M65

VERSION 11.0.4530.0 ACTION CENTER ALWAYS ASKS TO TURN ON.

Question

THIS IS BECOMING RATHER ANOYING i HAVE NOT HAD A REPLY SINCE 10/13. I CALLED SUPPORT YESTERDAY AND IT HAS BEEN ABOUT 20HRS AND NO RTURN CALL. I HAVE ATTACHED LOGS AND A SCREEN PRINT OF PROTECTION SUMMARY SCREEN. YOU CAN CLICK ALL YOU WANT ON THE ON/OFF BUTTONS AND NOTHING HAPPENS.

system-info.zipsystem-info.zippost-72264-0-22642500-1382035994_thumb.jpgMSI4d0c8.ziplogs.zip

I reported an issue to support…the ‘action center’ always requests that I start AdAware. This is their reply:

Note: support always asks you to reinstall???

Sent: Sunday, October 13, 2013 4:18 PM
Subject: Re: [Request ID :##190653##] : Undeliverable: Support - Ad-Aware11 Personal/Pro/Total Security - John

Dear John,
Thank you for your email.
Please be advice to reinstall Ad-Aware program on your PC.
In order to uninstall please do the following:

The link below will bring you to the website for a software called Revo Uninstaller. This is not a Lavasoft product, however they offer a 30 day free trial, so there will be no additional charges. This software specializes in removing troublesome products and will help wipe your computer of any product that cannot be uninstalled in a conventional sense.
http://www.revouninstaller.com/
Please open the software once downloaded and use the Force Uninstall feature to delete all traces of Ad-Aware from your computer.

Once the program is uninstalled kindly use the link below in order to install new version of Ad-Aware:

http://download.cnet.com/Ad-Aware-Free-Antivirus/3001-8022_4-10045910.html

After the installation kindly activate the program again.

Please be advised to copy and paste the license key in order to avoid errors. For example, "1" which is a number, is not "I" which is the letter "i" in upper case, or the "0" is the number zero and not the letter "O".

Should you have further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call us at 1-888-448-6881 or reply to this email.

My response:

Hi Vic, I followed your instructions and ran Revo Uninstaller with the ‘Force Uninstall’ option. In addition, I used Registry Crawler and removed all registry keys which used ‘adaware and Lavasoft, I also removed the directories which were left from the Revo Uninstaller.

I inserted the key which I used from previous versions and was accepted.

The action center requested me to start AdAware which I did. If you look at the attachment the only protection that is active is ‘Real-Time’. I can turn on ‘gaming mode’ but I don’t use that feature. I cannot start the other ‘protections’.

John

An update later that day:

This is iteration #2 I tried a reinstall using my Revo Uninstaller and I have received the same results. I think I have removed every instance of of AdAware before each install attempt. The Beta version ran fine… as well as a beta version should run. I am becoming very concerned about being exposed without the protection afforded with AdAware. I may need to turn on Defender until this issue is resolved or go back to version 10.

The time difference makes this process some cumbersome!

I have also down loaded new copies of the installer each time

John

An additional note this problem started after I downloaded the production version for CNET.

Sorry, John, I thought your issue had been solved.

If not, please send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll forward it to my contact person at Lavasoft.

Hi Cecilia, the issue with the grey buttons was corrected but I still had a problem with the Action Center reporting that AV was not running, I had both issues on the support call Saturday. I confused my issue when 8.1 was mentioned. Richard, said it would be it will be corrected in the next fix fix release. The Action center issue.

John