Sign in to follow this  
dungeoneer

incomplete ad removal

I am using windoze 7 professional 64 bit, and Firefox v26, along with Ad-Aware 10 free.

Since I installed Ad-Aware, I have noticed several problems. I am getting many popup ads on various sites, some of which have a note saying something like 'ad not by this site'. I had tried removing them using your program, but although I can no longer see the text, the frame remains on my screen. One of these leaves a blank space which is immobile against the background, meaning that I have no way of seeing what lies behind it.

Another related problem is that frequently, when I want to change screens on Firefox, a new tab opens up, which says 'connecting' but just shows a blank screen. I also frequently get a popup tab which says I have to upddate my download manager for Firefox. I understand that this is a fake.

There is another class of popup ad which I have noticed on some sites, in which single words in text have a differet color. when I pass mouse pointer over these words, I get a popup ad for various items. I have not been able to figure out how to disable this 'feature'. I noticed that when I went to display tlhis topic, I get this same effect.

Another problem which may be related is that on several sites I visit, I notice that there is a frequent attempt to reload the current page, wlhich seems to have no other effect than to leave an entry in the Firefox history tab.

Edited by dungeoneer

Hi dungeoneer,

I think there is a bad add-on in your Firefox. Please, to get help with investigating and removing it from the computer follow the instructions in the topic Read This Before You Post!.

Note that Ad-Aware 11 is the latest version of Ad-Aware and Lavasoft is planning to stop supporting Ad-Aware 10 in January 2014.

Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Thank You !