• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Binell

Couldn't Create Process Ad-Aware Free+Antivirus

Question

Recently, Ad-Aware stopped working. I decided to uninstall and re-install to try to fix. In doing so, all my drivers were removed. I fixed that issue. Upon trying to re-download Ad-aware free, I get the message "Couldn't create process" when I click on "run". Funny thing is, when I go to "remove software" ad-aware does not show up in the list, yet the Ad-aware Icon is still in my systems tray and cannot be removed. I cannot open Ad-aware from this icon either.

Any suggestions?

40 answers to this question

I faced the same problem while trying to install ad-aware due to an unrelated BSOD in the middle of the first install. This thread helped me solve the problem, just wanted to say that I used a different command to be able to run the installer:

msiexec /uninstall AdAwareUpdater_x64_11.2.5952.0.msi

P.S.: sorry for bumping a somewhat old thread, just thought this could be useful to someone :D

• Like 1

This worked for me with win7x64

Download http://downloadnada.lavasoft.com/update/11.6.306.7947/x64/AdAwareInstaller.msi and follow the istruction on post #06

msiexec /I AdAwareInstaller.msi INSTALLDIR_ROOT="c:\\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware Antivirus"

I wanted to uninstall so i did it twice, first selecting restore and then selecting uninstall

• Like 2

@ everyone:

Please, note that it's important to select "restore", and then uninstall Ad-Aware from Control Panel. If the msi file is used for uninstallation, only one of seven pieces of Ad-Aware will be uninstalled.

@ everyone:

Please, note that it's important to select "restore", and then uninstall Ad-Aware from Control Panel. If the msi file is used for uninstallation, only one of seven pieces of Ad-Aware will be uninstalled.

Hi i have the same problem. I know how to delete apps, but this one is very tricky.

I wanted to completly uninstall the program. I did it, at the last part its writed an error, but now its missing from uninstallable apps list.

Now i have a half ad-aware installation

If i click to the folder icon into my taskmgr to open my pc, its open an ad-aware installer, i cant delete this software its like a virus always come back.

One thing i want to do, completly uninstall this software.

I tried the solutions, but i got an error i have a newer version adaware try to uninstall it, but i cant.

i have 11.12.945.9202 installation, and i cant figure it out how to uninstall i try this for weeks...

Please help!

THX!

Hi i have the same problem. I know how to delete apps, but this one is very tricky.

I wanted to completly uninstall the program. I did it, at the last part its writed an error, but now its missing from uninstallable apps list.

Now i have a half ad-aware installation

If i click to the folder icon into my taskmgr to open my pc, its open an ad-aware installer, i cant delete this software its like a virus always come back.

One thing i want to do, completly uninstall this software.

I tried the solutions, but i got an error i have a newer version adaware try to uninstall it, but i cant.

i have 11.12.945.9202 installation, and i cant figure it out how to uninstall i try this for weeks...

Please help!

THX!

Hi kokogaems,

Please, collect logs and other information by following the instructions in http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?/topic/33638-collect-logs-for-troubleshooting/ to let Lavasoft investigate your problem.

Hi kokogaems,

Please, collect logs and other information by following the instructions in http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?/topic/33638-collect-logs-for-troubleshooting/ to let Lavasoft investigate your problem.

Okay i done everything.

I attached a pic what the program do right now.

I really hope i can remove the program, couse now i feel like its a complett mess of files.

Sorry for my bad English anyway...

all files.zip

So i cant delete this program? I dont want to reinstall Windows...

Sorry, but Lavasoft staff is very busy now during the beta test of version 12, but you will get help. Please be patient.

Okay i done everything.

I attached a pic what the program do right now.

I really hope i can remove the program, couse now i feel like its a complett mess of files.

Sorry for my bad English anyway...

The attached fix will bring back Ad-Aware to Control Panel. Please, keep other antivirus programs, firewalls etc. disabled.

Please download the attached file and save it on your desktop.

Right-click it and select to extract its file.

Locate the the extracted file AdAwareUpdater.msi.

Double-click the file to start the program. It will add Ad-Aware to the list of installed programs in Control Panel.

Please find Ad-Aware in that list and click on it.

Select Change and then Repair.

When the repair is done, you can select to uninstall Ad-Aware.

Note!

The attached file and the instructions are only for 64 bit Windows 7 and Ad-Aware 11.12. If used with other Windows or Ad-Aware versions, it might destroy something.

AdAwareUpdater.zip

I have the same problem how can I solve it? Thank you!

Hi Facucurien,

Which version of Ad-Aware 11 do you have, e.g. 11.12, 11.15?

Hi Facucurien,

Which version of Ad-Aware 11 do you have, e.g. 11.12, 11.15?

Please help me! I still have problems, I just can't rid od this program. I just want it to leave my PC forever, how can I delete it? I tried everything! Now I have error screens couse LavaSofttcpservice.dll... I just want to delete this program and all leftovers, please help me!

Please help me! I still have problems, I just can't rid od this program. I just want it to leave my PC forever, how can I delete it? I tried everything! Now I have error screens couse LavaSofttcpservice.dll... I just want to delete this program and all leftovers, please help me!

LavaSofttcpservice.dll is a part of Web Companion. Please see this topic: http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?/topic/34376-solution-for-lavasofttcpservice-problem-after-uninstallation/

1 hour ago, Ovidiu said:

Hi, can u help me too here are the files. 

attach.txt

dds.txt

Hi Ovidiu,

Please describe what you've done, what you're trying to do and when you get the message "Couldn't create process", and specify if Ad-Aware antivirus version 11 and/or adaware antivirus version 12 is/are involved.