Sign in to follow this  
BBD-Aurora

Problem with free update links

Question

Just got the notification that I should get a free update. I get taken to a Lavasoft page that has a green "Free Update" link on the page. The link takes me to a CNET download page where it tells me I'll update to the free version 11.1.5152.0 and that I have to pay $27 to get the Pro version.

Well, I've already paid for the Pro Security version up until 2015-07-25 and I already have its version 11.1.5354.0

It looks to me like the page link is going to the wrong upload page.

Has anyone else had the same problem?

I've attached a JPG showing the two screens I've described, with some red overlaid comments.

post-103117-0-04255900-1390501507_thumb.jpg

9 answers to this question

Just got an email response to my formal 'service-ticket' ...

Thank you for contacting Lavasoft customer service team.

Please kindly be advised to update your Ad-Aware to its newest version 11.

Without uninstalling Ad-Aware, click on the link below to download Ad-Aware 11. The installer will automatically overwrite the current version that is installed on your computer.

http://download.cnet.com/Ad-Aware-Free-Antivirus/3001-8022_4-10045910.html

Once you have downloaded Ad-Aware 11, you MUST restart your computer in order for all the features to be installed correctly. If you do not restart your computer, you will encounter some conflicts and issues with the software at the next start-up.

Should you have further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call us at 1-888-448-6881 or reply to this email.

Kind Regards,
Vic - Lavasoft Support

I followed the instructions and was sure to immediately restart my computer after installation of the new version of "11" and all appears to have gone well A-OK!

Just got an email response to my formal 'service-ticket' ...

Thank you for contacting Lavasoft customer service team.

Please kindly be advised to update your Ad-Aware to its newest version 11.

Without uninstalling Ad-Aware, click on the link below to download Ad-Aware 11. The installer will automatically overwrite the current version that is installed on your computer.

http://download.cnet.com/Ad-Aware-Free-Antivirus/3001-8022_4-10045910.html

Once you have downloaded Ad-Aware 11, you MUST restart your computer in order for all the features to be installed correctly. If you do not restart your computer, you will encounter some conflicts and issues with the software at the next start-up.

Should you have further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call us at 1-888-448-6881 or reply to this email.

Kind Regards,

Vic - Lavasoft Support

I followed the instructions and was sure to immediately restart my computer after installation of the new version of "11" and all appears to have gone well A-OK!

Hi BBD-Aurora,

I'm glad that your issue has been resolved.

Im getting exactly same problem!

Mine runs out on 1st dec 2015

Hi janjan,

Is your issue solved if you install the latest version by following the link in BBD-Aurora's post?

• Like 1

Hi BBD-Aurora & Janjan,

You want to install the free since the installers are the same for all the versions it is the license key that designates which features to unlock once you install the update Ad-Aware will detect your paid key and the features you paid for will be unlocked.

Regards,

Corina

I am having the exact same problem. I haven't been able to update this FREE version. It keeps prompting me to update. Whenever I click on the update now button, it directs me to install through download.com. When I do that, and install the software, I still get the NOT UPDATED version. I already restarted 3x and it keeps prompting to update. The new install file DIDN't overwrite to the latest version.

Current version is 11.2.5152.0 that I only installed on Jan 21, 2014

Any help?

Hi pcanicanick,

I guess that you mean that you have 11.1.5152.0. Have you tried to uninstall Ad-Aware and then fetch Ad-Aware from Lavasoft web site?