Sign in to follow this  
dbarsalano

File SearchProtection.exe

Question

Dear Cecilia,
I have a question that I was once asked, each time after starting Windows message appears, that the system can not find the file SearchProtection.exe. But I found it manually in the directory ... / All Users / Application Data / SearchProtection, which includes and file _run.bat.
Would not that be annoying messages discarded remove this bat file that can be run, or any interference with the registry?

Many thanks for your advice!

5 answers to this question

Hi count,

Maybe the register post refers to another folder, I can't say.

It's a computer with XP, isn't it?

Start button - Run

Enter the command: msconfig

Click on OK.

On the Autostartup tab remove the checkmark in front of the line with SearchProtection.

Click on OK.

Hopefully you won't see that message after the next start of the computer.

Yes, I use WinXP, and look into msconfig also occurred to me, but the only (and running) items related to AdAware are adawarebp and AdAwareTray, others are not there. What ever SearchProtection serve is to run AdAware necessary? I do not try to remove the directory SearchProtection bak file? (And would probably try to run SearchProtection.exe file and display the stupid warnings).
Thanks for the advice.

SearchProtection has to do with the Ad-Aware toolbar and it isn't necessary at all. Do you have the toolbar in your browser(s)?

You're welcome :)

Finally, I have a bad file in msconfig found was "well hidden" - did not line the path to the file and the file itself was identified only as _run. After turning off the annoying warning disappeared without a trace. Many thanks Cecilia!