Sign in to follow this  
Deel

Trying to Uninstall Ad-Aware 11

Question

I am running Ad-Aware 11 on Windows 8. A little while ago my copy of Ad-Aware started spamming me with update notifications, but I noticed that although I followed the update instructions and restarted my computer, the Ad-Aware wouldn't update and would continue to send popups. I went to the control panel > Add/Remove programs to uninstall it with the aim of later reinstalling, but the copy of Ad-Aware I found there had no uninstall button on the drop-down.

I don't see a thread here with a problem quite like this one. I'm hoping someone here can tell me how to uninstall this damaged Ad-Aware or repair it so that it updates properly.

Hi

I have the same problem.

I reboot and receive the same reboot message. I can't install a new copy (It says reboot required...) or uninstall because it's not located under the programs and features control panel anymore, but it's still in my tray.

PM me the fix please, thanks

Edited by JoeSorrell

Hi

I have the same problem.

I reboot and receive the same reboot message. I can't install a new copy (It says reboot required...) or uninstall because it's not located under the programs and features control panel anymore, but it's still in my tray.

PM me the fix please, thanks

Hi Joe,

I have sent a PM to you.

Hi CeciliaB, im getting the same messages and sent you a PM. Please help me. Thanks

Hi RaZoR,

I have sent a PM to you, too.

You're welcome :)

Hi, having the same issue, can you PM me too with details of how to solve? Thanks.

Hi pavsid,

PM is sent to you now.

HI, thanks for your information via DM, however now i'm having another issue! When I try to reinstall Ad-aware an error pops up right away saying "Couldn't create process". Any ideas?

HI, thanks for your information via DM, however now i'm having another issue! When I try to reinstall Ad-aware an error pops up right away saying "Couldn't create process". Any ideas?

Hi,

Please, start a new topic here: http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?/forum/190-ad-aware-11/

and collect logs and other information by following the instructions in http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?/topic/33638-collect-logs-for-troubleshooting/to let Lavasoft investigate your problem. If you don't have any Ad-Aware logs, skip that part.

Hi all,

Having the same issue as well. Reboot required loop! Im running Windows 10 if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Paulb1987,

I have sent a PM to you.

You're welcome ;)

I installed Ad-aware(v.11.4.6792.0) on 12-3-2015 but i also had installed spybot as well.Since then i'm facing problems with my pc so i would appreciate any help or advise on how to uninstall it.I have tried out freeware uninstall programs or by starting my windows( i run the 8.1) in safe mode but sadly nothing has worked for me.... :(:(

I installed Ad-aware(v.11.4.6792.0) on 12-3-2015 but i also had installed spybot as well.Since then i'm facing problems with my pc so i would appreciate any help or advise on how to uninstall it.I have tried out freeware uninstall programs or by starting my windows( i run the 8.1) in safe mode but sadly nothing has worked for me.... :(:(

Hi HELLAS,

There are often problems with the combination of Spybot S&D and Ad-Aware, since Spybot doesn't let Ad-Aware do its work. Note that Ad-Aware is a complete antivirus program with an anti-malware function, while Spybot only is an anti-malware program. Are you sure that you want to uninstall Ad-Aware but keeping Spybot?

Probably the uninstall programs have done it very hard to uninstall Ad-Aware.

Please, collect logs and other information by following the instructions in http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?/topic/33638-collect-logs-for-troubleshooting/ to let Lavasoft investigate your problem. When you have replied with that I'll move your posts to a new topic since this topic is mostly about the problem with a constant "Reboot required" message.

I'm sorry that i didn't mention it from the first time;the reason that i am writing you is that for the 2 past months i keep getting the same message "Reboot required" every time that my windows starts to operate.It is sort of annoying and ,furthermore, the very time it appears it causes my laptop's touchpad to freeze.Also every time that i've tried to uninstall Ad aware the above mentioned message("Reboot required") shows up.

Thanks for hearing and wish to you and to every member of the forum a happy new year!

I've uninstalled spybot but Ad aware keeps showing the same message( "Reboot required").I would like to have it uninstalled if this is not a problem for you.So,could you provide me with a solution on how to do so?

I'm sorry that i didn't mention it from the first time;the reason that i am writing you is that for the 2 past months i keep getting the same message "Reboot required" every time that my windows starts to operate.It is sort of annoying and ,furthermore, the very time it appears it causes my laptop's touchpad to freeze.Also every time that i've tried to uninstall Ad aware the above mentioned message("Reboot required") shows up.

Thanks for hearing and wish to you and to every member of the forum a happy new year!

Sorry for misunderstanding and now I've sent a PM to you.

No need to be sorry,but anyway thanks for the understanding....I'm happy to inform you that yesterday late night i was able to get my laptop's touchpad functional again(pressing the ctrl+F5 combo).Due to the prior deletion of spybot S&D, Ad aware managed to be fully installed in my laptop and now i stopped getting this message( "Reboot required")...So,apparently,everything now is ok.

No need to be sorry,but anyway thanks for the understanding....I'm happy to inform you that yesterday late night i was able to get my laptop's touchpad functional again(pressing the ctrl+F5 combo).Due to the prior deletion of spybot S&D, Ad aware managed to be fully installed in my laptop and now i stopped getting this message( "Reboot required")...So,apparently,everything now is ok.

Very good!

No problem :)

Hello,

I am having trouble Uninstalling ..

Every time I click uninstall it says reboot required.

Always does not let me pass that stage.

Hi miamialv,

I have sent a PM to you.

Having the same issue uninstalling version 11. Have the message "reboot required" can 't uninstall the program.

Hi toddthanhauser,

I've sent a PM to you.