Sign in to follow this  
Deel

Trying to Uninstall Ad-Aware 11

Question

I am running Ad-Aware 11 on Windows 8. A little while ago my copy of Ad-Aware started spamming me with update notifications, but I noticed that although I followed the update instructions and restarted my computer, the Ad-Aware wouldn't update and would continue to send popups. I went to the control panel > Add/Remove programs to uninstall it with the aim of later reinstalling, but the copy of Ad-Aware I found there had no uninstall button on the drop-down.

I don't see a thread here with a problem quite like this one. I'm hoping someone here can tell me how to uninstall this damaged Ad-Aware or repair it so that it updates properly.

Hello,

i'm having problems uninstalling ad-aware Antivirus.

Can anyone please help?

Greets Richard

Hi Richard,

I've sent a PM to yu.

If you have another problem than constant "Reboot required" messages, please describe your problem.

Hi Richard,

I've sent a PM to yu.

If you have another problem than constant "Reboot required" messages, please describe your problem.

Hello,

No i don't have the reboot problem, and that didn't help

if i try to unistall i get the message:

Ad-aware has encountered an error during uninstallation. We are sorry for the inconvienience.

Please close the program and try uninstalling it again.

and this keeps poping up.

Do you maybe have a removal tool?

Gr Richard

Edited by Rich225

Hello,

No i don't have the reboot problem, and that didn't help

if i try to unistall i get the message:

Ad-aware has encountered an error during uninstallation. We are sorry for the inconvienience.

Please close the program and try uninstalling it again.

and this keeps poping up.

Do you maybe have a removal tool?

Gr Richard

Hi,

Does it help if you select to repair the program first?

You do that by selecting Change instead of Uninstall in the list of installed programs.

If that doesn't help, please collect logs and other information by following the instructions in http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?/topic/33638-collect-logs-for-troubleshooting/ to let Lavasoft investigate your issues.

I'll move your post and my replies to them to a separate thread, since the other computers in this topic have the "Reboot required" messages.

Hi CeciliaB,

I am having a similar issue. When I attempt to uninstall Ad-Aware, i get a message saying "you recently installed or uninstalled a software that requires a computer reboot. Please restart your computer before installing ad-aware antivirus" but when I restart, i get the same message. I seem to be stuck in this loop. Can you PM me the instructions for dealing with this?

Hi CeciliaB,

I am having a similar issue. When I attempt to uninstall Ad-Aware, i get a message saying "you recently installed or uninstalled a software that requires a computer reboot. Please restart your computer before installing ad-aware antivirus" but when I restart, i get the same message. I seem to be stuck in this loop. Can you PM me the instructions for dealing with this?

Hi caseyH,

I have sent a PM to you.