Sign in to follow this  
D Miller

Definitions problem started in APRIL - any chance of fixing yet?

Question

After a week, I'm still having the same issue that many people have been reporting, and that still hasn't been fixed. When trying to update definitions, the files download, and then I get the error message about "Definitions could not be updated...Please try again later."

Given what I'm reading here in the forums, the problems with updating definitions STARTED BACK IN APRIL - and now, **nearly a month later**, Lavasoft has yet to actually fix the problem.

Seriously? A MONTH?

I'm giving this another 48 hours. If the issue is not resolved by then, I'm uninstalling Ad-Aware and looking for a FUNCTIONAL and RELIABLE product. Then I'll and go back to the sites where I recommended Ad-Aware and leave new reviews reflecting Lavasoft's inability or unwillingness to support its product.

Enough is enough.

3 answers to this question

Hi everyone,

This fix have worked for at least most users, please try it:

Please, go the folder C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware Antivirus\Antimalware Engine\2.6.0.0\Plugins, using Windows Explorer or similar program, and delete all files that you are allowed to delete.

Restart the computer, please.

Ad-Aware should now start downloading updates automatically and be able to install them.

If still unsuccessful, please reply here and then follow the instructions in http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?/topic/33926-manual-update-of-definitions/ to update manually.

After a week, I'm still having the same issue that many people have been reporting, and that still hasn't been fixed. When trying to update definitions, the files download, and then I get the error message about "Definitions could not be updated...Please try again later."

Given what I'm reading here in the forums, the problems with updating definitions STARTED BACK IN APRIL - and now, **nearly a month later**, Lavasoft has yet to actually fix the problem.

Seriously? A MONTH?

I'm giving this another 48 hours. If the issue is not resolved by then, I'm uninstalling Ad-Aware and looking for a FUNCTIONAL and RELIABLE product. Then I'll and go back to the sites where I recommended Ad-Aware and leave new reviews reflecting Lavasoft's inability or unwillingness to support its product.

Enough is enough.

Hi D Miller,

It was a different issue in April, the current one started approx. a week ago and users started to report it in the forum during the weekend when Windows reported that the antivirus program had old definitions.

Please, keep an eye on the http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?/topic/33921-you-can-not-download-definition-files/ topic to get new information.