Sign in to follow this  
megamind

Ad ware doesn't remember my license information

Question

Hi,

Yesterday downloaded Ad-aware 11.2.5952.0 Everything went well after installation I entered my license key but after reboot it is again asking me to activate. :angry2:

I am a Windows XP user with SP3 and i don't have any other security software installed.

3 answers to this question

Hi megamind,

Please, wait and see what's happening after the next reboot. If Ad-Aware isn't activated again, please collect logs and other information by following the instructions in http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?/topic/33638-collect-logs-for-troubleshooting/ to let Lavasoft investigate your issues.

It is not activated again I think when lavasoft releases version 10 same thing was happening now version 11 have same issue these people don't learn from their mistakes I am sorry for being rude but it is quite frustrating to know after downloading around 300 MB of file it doesn't work.

CeciliaB I am busy now a days So it is not possible for me to send all those information my main intention for this post is to inform this to them one more issue is it is heavy on memory adawareservice is taking around 196MB of ram.

Looks like i need to uninstall it.

Edited by megamind

I'm sorry, megamind, but almost all users don't have that issue, it's something in your computer that prevents the complete activation, e.g. a left-over of an old version of Ad-Aware or another similar program.