Sign in to follow this  
michaelgunter

will not register

Question

23 answers to this question

Hi michaelgunter,

Check that no proxy server is used in Internet Explorer and Firefox (if you have it), please:

1. Start Internet Explorer.

In the Tools menu select Internet options, followed by Connection tab and then click the LAN Settings button.

If the check box Use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections) is selected, please:

• Write down the content of the Address and Port fields, if the Address field is empty click on Advanced and write down the addresses and ports there. These values indicate if the computer is or was infected.
  • Remove the check mark before clicking OK twice.
2. Start Firefox.

Select Options in Tools menu, followed by Advanced and Network tab, and then Settings.

• Write down the content of all fields fields, if any are filled in. These values indicate if the computer is or was infected.
  • Select No proxy or Use system proxy settings before clicking OK twice.
3. Try to register Ad-Aware again.

If you still can't register, please send me a PM with your full name and email address and I'll forward it to my contact person at Lavasoft for a manual registration. You'll get a license key back in a PM.

Cecilia, can I take you up on that offer too? After repeated failures to register the free software I bought a license key in the vain hope that paying money would make a difference. Sadly it didn't. My Ad-Aware won't take the license key (says Activation could not be completed, please try again later). And trying to get tech support from the link on the App Management page doesn't work either, (probably due to the same issue, it looks like).

Hi girlclone,

Please, check that your computer isn't using a proxy server as described in post #2.

Please send your license key, full name and email address, that you entered when buying the license, in a PM to me and I'll forward it to my contact person for investigation. You'll get an answer in another PM.

Hi piranha69,

A last warning:

Follow the rules of the forum and post in English.

If you don't want to use English contact Lavasoft's support team instead, as I have told you before.

I have hidden your post since you posted a picture with your license key and it can be stolen.

attached are requested files for troubleshooting - I hope ;)

My contact person has checked the logs and would like to have the MAC (Physical) addresses of all network cards in the computer.

Please start the Command Prompt and enter:

ipconfig /all

Lavasoft needs the information on all lines starting with "Physical address", probably easiest to take screen shots of the Command Prompt window and upload to your post (use More Reply Options), but if you prefer that you can copy and paste those lines instead.

Hi piranha69,

I can only help you in English, sorry. I'm a volunteer here and I don't have time to try to understand automatic translations.

Users of the Free version can use http://www.lavasoft.com/mylavasoft/support/supportcenter/adaware_critical_problem_report to get in contact with Lavasoft support team.

I'm also having this problem. Not using a proxy, I've disabled my firewall in case.

I'm on a home local area network but there are no blocked sites or other issues with the router.

I'm also having this problem. Not using a proxy, I've disabled my firewall in case.

I'm on a home local area network but there are no blocked sites or other issues with the router.

Hi JimGamma,

Please, post any error messages you get.

Specify if you can't register, that is you can't enter your name and email address and get a license key back, or if you can't activate Ad-Aware with the license key you have received, please.

In the first case, please send me your full name and email address in a PM for manual registration.

In the second case, please send me your email address and license key in a PM and attach screen shots of the results from Command Prompt, see post #8.

• Like 1

My apologies for my delay in replying. Attached is the output of network configuration lookup.

Did the activation file you received in a PM work for you?

Hi,

It seems that it's the same for me.

I'll send you a PM with the required informations.

Thank you.

Hi mgegat,

Thanks for the PM. I have included my contact person in the conversation. Please, wait for a PM from her.

Hi

I'm also having problem with registration. I enter my name and email but get a "Registration failed!" error.

I have checked the proxy in both explorer and firefox and no proxy i checked.

I'll send you a PM with my name and email.

Thanks

Hi

I'm also having problem with registration. I enter my name and email but get a "Registration failed!" error.

I have checked the proxy in both explorer and firefox and no proxy i checked.

I'll send you a PM with my name and email.

Thanks

Hi Miky,

Thanks for the PM. Please wait for a PM from Lavasoft.

Ok, so I tried the instructions in Post #2, but I use Google Chrome and I have really no proxy settings that I can see. Still cannot activate my Ad-Aware or register it either. It just keeps saying 'try again'.

Ok, so I tried the instructions in Post #2, but I use Google Chrome and I have really no proxy settings that I can see. Still cannot activate my Ad-Aware or register it either. It just keeps saying 'try again'.

Hi Amber83801,

Have you a license key for Ad-Aware?

I need to know if you can't get a license key (register) or if you can't enter the license key and activate Ad-Aware.

I also get the " Registration Failed " "Your registration could not be completed please try again later" .....I have been trying for the last 3 weeks and still nothing, I am unable to get a licence key, do I need to purchase the ad-ware to obtain the key or is there a free version which I was hoping to use first.....Thank you

I also get the " Registration Failed " "Your registration could not be completed please try again later" .....I have been trying for the last 3 weeks and still nothing, I am unable to get a licence key, do I need to purchase the ad-ware to obtain the key or is there a free version which I was hoping to use first.....Thank you

Hi h15jkc,

I've sent a PM to you.

You're welcome :)

hi! It doesn't work for me neither...i'm loosing so many hours trying to register but it's failed...neither if i resinstall it again...what should i do?

Hi supercekko,

I have sent a PM with a license key to you.