Sign in to follow this  
Ladderman

Adaware 11 blocked by Group policy

Okay,i changed the value of this registry key in the past(to stop the color scheme change message from popping up).I don't know if this is stopping Combofix from fixing my PC.

Key Name: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM

Value 13
Name: UseMachineCheck
Type: REG_DWORD
Data: 0

Yes i know how to re-install Windows,although it's something i would rather not have to go through.

I don't think that the registry change blocks unlocking of other registry entries, or anything else you have done. Malware sometimes changes a lot in the computer to make it harder to remove it, e.g. by stopping antivirus programs in different ways. It could also be due to all antivirus programs.

To uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/wiki/mse-protect_start/uninstalling-microsoft-security-essentials/316493c2-8885-46b0-afba-28ebd45c0838

Please run Symantec's tool for Poweliks removal and paste the content of FixPoweliks64.log into your answer.

http://www.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2014-111020-0511-99

I'm sorry, but I haven't had time to spend 1-2 hours on your issue this week, I have been overloaded at my job.

Okay,let me go back to where my PC troubles started.I was browsing the web on day when a pop-up,said that i had to download a Flash player plugin.Mistakenly i did,and it also downloaded 4-5 unwanted programs to my PC and i had ad-banners on my browser home page(s).The banners went away on Firefox,but they didn't go away on IE 11.I had to unistall IE 11,form the list of installed updates.Everything was fine for few days and then my PC troubles started.Which brings us to where i am today.

Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Thank You !