Sign in to follow this  
Alterechoes

proquota.exe & Iexplore.exe

Hello, everytime i try to create a new user on my pc i get a black screen with only a cursor (can still open task manager) and looking at the processes i find that explorer.exe is not in execution but if try to create it, it crashes a little time after the start. i had to deal with proquota.exe and iexplore.exe infections right before this problem happened, might it be a problem with a leftover of the viruses? thank you for the help

Hi Alterechoes,

Please, explain more about the infections you had in those two Windows files. How did the computer behave and what did you do to solve it?

With those viruses i had lots of proquota.exe instances in the processes and strange icons in the windows's mixer audio; with iexplorer.exe i had a huge amount of ram occupied by it. I removed the iexplore.exe key in the registry and scanned with the antivirus and to remove proquota.exe i located the executable with ccleaner tab that lists the boot up processes, then i booted into safe mode to remove the file itself

If I understand you correctly, you have deleted a necessary Windows file (procquota) and deleted registry items that Internet Explorer needs. Those actions would lead to big problems in Windows. I recommend that you reinstall Windows to get everything restored.

But if you wish, I can check some log files for signs of infections. Please, follow the instructions in the topic Read This Before You Post!.

2015-03-05 19:08 - 2015-03-06 14:43 - 00000000 ____D () C:\Users\Simon\Downloads\ESET NOD32 ANTIVIRUS 7 CRACK (32 64 BIT) THADOGG

Please, uninstall Eset. Cracked programs can't be trusted and an antivirus program that you can't trust is useless and can destroy Windows.

If you have other illegal programs, uninstall them too.

Uninstall µTorrent.

When done, run FRST again and attach the new logs.

Thanks for coming back and informing us :)

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact the staff member who was helping you with your issue.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Thank you !