Sign in to follow this  
Archer269

Ad-Aware Web Companion Crippled my Internet Speed

Question

I installed this application recently and noticed more recently that my internet browsing speed was very slow. Strange, because my internet browsing speed was smoking fast the last time I monitored it. I worked backward on my installs and found that when Ad-Aware Web Companion was disabled, my browser speed jumped up by a factor of 100 % (as I said...crippled). I am not sure what is going on with this application and my system, but it has now been uninstalled.....just wanted to let you know....

Chuck

3 answers to this question

Hi Chuck,

Thank you for contacting us!

This behavior does seem very unusual. When Web Companion's Malicious URL Blocking feature is enabled, there is a level of traffic filtering done in order to ensure our users are not inadvertently navigating to a potentially harmful site. However, this is a scan that is done in milliseconds and should not have any adverse effect as you mentioned.

I will forward this information to the development team in order to investigate if this is something to be concerned about and needs to be fixed in an upcoming release/update.

We apologize for the negative experience you had and hope you will consider us again in the future.

Thanks!

Sophie

I also have this issue with web companion when its active can take minutes to open a webpage but as soon as I turn it off it takes seconds

Hi mangaman83,

Do you have any web protection in another installed program?

If yes, it might be some kind of conflict.

Do you see an unusual amount of ads, maybe due to an adware add-on in the browser?