Sign in to follow this  
brunosdad

Can't Uninstall Web Companion

Question

Just loaded Windows 7 on a new HD after a crash a few days ago, finally getting all software loaded and back to where I was pre-hd crash and find that somehow, and without intentional installation by me, I have this web companion software loaded.

Unfortunately the prescribed method of clicking uninstall from the Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features option does absolutely nothing and from my searching for resolutions I'm apparently not alone.

Can you please provide help on how to remove this program off my PC when choosing uninstall doesn't work?

5 answers to this question

Hi brunosdad,

Did you install any other 3rd party software when you were setting up your new HD?

Web Companion is sometimes offered inside installation bundles with other software, however, it is never installed without user consent. Additional information on this could help us track the source from which it may have ended up on your machine.

As for your issue with being unsuccessful with uninstalling the program. As silly as it may be to ask, have you restarted your PC and retried uninstalling?

I recommend you email our team at [email protected] so we can escalate to a Tier 2 technician who can assist you. Please mention in your message that you communicated with Sophie on the forum (in case they have questions for me).

Thanks!

Sophie

Hi all,

New to this forum.

I'm also having the same problem, cannot not find Lavasoft nor "Ad-Aware Antivirus" under Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features, any suggestions?

Hi happytriger,

Do you have Web Companion in Programs and Features?

Do you know which program that installed Web Companion?

Hi,

Do you have Web Companion in Programs and Features?

Is not in Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features.

Do you know which program that installed Web Companion?

Not really sure which program it came with, but my guess could be the Java.

As long as it does not harm my PC, then is fine. I already have my AntiVirus.