Sign in to follow this  
alshaikh14

adawaretray.exe not found error .. cannot install ad-aware because of this

Question

every thing goes fine in the installing process until it reaches the initializing phase this when I get this error and the installation rolls back and cancels

running windows 7 home premium edition 64 bit

attached picture of the error I got

post-108359-0-52882800-1440935783.jpg

23 answers to this question

Hi alshaikh14,

Can you uninstall Ad-Aware, restart the computer and install Ad-Aware?

Hi alshaikh14,

Can you uninstall Ad-Aware, restart the computer and install Ad-Aware?

No its already uninstalled

I Tried the standalone installer the same thing happens again

there is one thing weird though

if I right click on any icon the windows installer for ad-aware comes up

should I post them here ??

Yes, please upload them in your reply here.

Are you sure that you zipped the Ad-Aware folder inside Programdata folder and not the one in Program Files?

Are you sure that you zipped the Ad-Aware folder inside Programdata folder and not the one in Program File

yeah I am sure

the fil size is 11366 kb and the limit here is about 10000 kb

Please, upload the file here: https://sprend.com/

or to any other file sharing site as Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive.

If you use Sprend, please send the returned link to the file in a PM to me. Don't paste it into your reply, since if someone else downloads the file, Lavasoft wouldn't be able to do it.

Lavasoft asks if you allow them to connect to your computer to try to find the lost file. You'll see everything they do, and you'll be able to stop them and communicate with them. If you accept it, please send me your email address and when you're available in a PM. Lavasoft will respond in another PM and later on send you a file by email.

Lavasoft asks if you allow them to connect to your computer to try to find the lost file. You'll see everything they do, and you'll be able to stop them and communicate with them. If you accept it, please send me your email address and when you're available in a PM. Lavasoft will respond in another PM and later on send you a file by email.

let me work it for a little bit .. I think I found why is this happening

I am facing the same problem, unable to install Ad Aware antivirus. When i try to install everything goes well and it stops when updating! says AdAwareTray.exe not found.

Please help. I tried all the fixers etc nothing worked :(

These are my system information and ad aware 11 files, there wasn't any msi files.. so i haven't attached them

Hi sarbjit399,

Thanks for the logs, I'll inform Lavasoft tomorrow.

Are you installing the latest version?

I've the same problem, with the help of some third party software I managed to remove Adaware from my pc. But when I try to install a new version the installer wants to update and gives the error.

Hi vpqvanwijk,

Version 11.8 is mentioned in the error message and it's old. Are you trying to install 11.8 or the latest 11.9?

I've the same problem, with the help of some third party software I managed to remove Adaware from my pc. But when I try to install a new version the installer wants to update and gives the error.

Hi CeciliaB,

Yes i downloaded the latest version of AdAware installer http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.phpand using that.

Hi vpqvanwijk and sarbjit399,

Lavasoft asks if you allow them to connect to your computer to try to find the problem. You'll see everything they do, and you'll be able to stop them and communicate with them. If you accept it, please send me your email address and when you're available in a PM. Lavasoft will respond in another PM and later on send you a file by email.

• Like 1

Hi sarbjit399,

Please, don't enter private information as email address in a public forum. I have hidden your post and sent you a PM instead.

• Like 1

Hi vpqvanwijk,

I'm glad that your problem was resolved :)

Sometimes you may have removed the tray program with msconfig. Goto start->run->type msconfig. In the startup programs tab, search for adaware among the programs and put the checkmark back. You then need to restart.

• Like 1