Sign in to follow this  
soulfyre777

Activation Failed

Question

4 answers to this question

After receiving the License Key CeciliaB so kindly provided, I'm now unable to activate with it. I keep getting an error that "Activation Failed". Please find the requested log files attached to this message.

Thank you in advance!

Adam

Hi Adam,

Please download the attached file, Activation.zip, and save it e.g. on the desktop.

Double-click the downloaded file.

In the opened Explorer window is a folder called Activation (maybe you need to go one step upwards to see the folder better).

Right-click the Activation folder (not the file Activation.dat) and select Copy.

To be able to continue you need to be able to see all folders and you have to select to show hidden files, see http://www.bleepingc...tutorial62.html for a description.

Please, locate the folder C:\ProgramData\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 11\.

Right-click the folder and select Paste.

The Activation folder should now be visible in the Ad-Aware 11 folder.

Please, check the path to the activation file, it must be:

C:\ProgramData\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 11\Activation\Activation.dat

Please, change the setting back to not show hidden files.

Restart the computer.

Is Ad-Aware activated now?

Delete the downloaded file, please.

Note!

The attached file is specific for this computer and will not activate Ad-Aware in another computer.

Activation.zip

• Like 1

Hi CeciliaB,

Thank you very much! The application is now activated. I noticed, however, that this is for a paid version of the application and it doesn't expire until 2018. To be honest, I'm not sure how this happened. My grandmother let the subscription expire and was trying to switch to the free version.

If this is a bonus for our troubles, we gladly accept and are very much appreciative! However, at this point, she has no knowledge of authorizing a charge for extending her service and doesn't wish to pay for a version of the software at this time.

Can you help clarify this for us or point us to someone who can? Once I hear back from you on what to do next, I will mark this issue as solved.

Again, we thank you very much for all of your help!

Sincerely,

Adam

Edited by soulfyre777