Sign in to follow this  
newtoro1

Solution for LavasoftTcpService problem after uninstallation - KomodiaFix.zip Not Found

Question

In the posting for Solution for LavasoftTcpService problem after uninstallation at

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?/topic/34376-solution-for-lavasofttcpservice-problem-after-uninstallation/, a file, KomodiaFix.zip, is referenced via a hyperlink. Howwever, attempts to access the file via the hyperlink return a 404 Error. The URL shown when the error is displayed is: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mvp9kexf8r811e5/KomodiaFix.zip.

Will you, Lavasoft, please make this file available as it seems a part of one of the best fixes offered?

post-108908-0-61924300-1455201744_thumb.jpg

7 answers to this question

You're welcome :)

The instruction is now updated.

Please, create a system restore point first, just in case.

:D Thank you for the quick response.

I will wait for the file because as I researched the proroblem, I learned your option two may have the unintended side-effect of causing problems with other programs and may require they be reinstalled. Since I am in a business environment, I cannot accept this risk and associates potential loss of time.

:( Myattempt at removal using the fix contained in KomodiaFix.zip did not work.

Some system services failed and Lync and Outlook would not connect and operate.

I am afraid Lavasoft should again analyze the problem and find a better fix. Removing and application should not leave vestiges of itself that are so difficult to remove - regardless it the application was free or purchased for hundreds of dollars.

Option 2 - netsh winsock ... will almost certainly have a side effect of the need to reinstall applications. This is not a viable option.

Please let me know when you have a better solution. Please consider working with Microsoft to engineer a solution that does not have any side-effects.

Edited by newtoro1

The errors I received to let me know LavasoftTcpService.dll is the problem are:

Application: BluStar.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 1000A83B

Followed a second or so later by by:

Faulting application name: BluStar.exe, version: 3.2.11572.1, time stamp: 0x560d30a1

Faulting module name: LavasoftTcpService.dll, version: 2.3.4.7, time stamp: 0x555dc647

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000a83b

Faulting process id: 0x19b4

Faulting application start time: 0x01d164d2ff4f8114

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Mitel\BluStar Client\BluStar.exe

Faulting module path: C:\windows\system32\LavasoftTcpService.dll

Report Id: 703fa9fc-d0ef-11e5-b73d-e8b1fcd6e9ac

These errors appear in the Windows applocation log every time I exit BluStar after making a call and BlueStar does report an error attempting to close. They do not appear when I exit (seldom) without making a call.

All good antivirus programs are difficult to uninstall, since it's difficult to delete files, e.g. drivers, that are running. Symantec has created Norton Removal Tool, McAfee has MCPR etc. to remove left-overs after uninstallations.

I got KomodiaFix from Lavasoft's Web Companion Development Team and it's used by their customer support.

Since you are a paying customer, you can contact Lavasoft's support team instead of this forum with volunteers: http://lavasoft.com/mylavasoft/support/supportcenter/technicalproblems/adaware_critical_problem_report

This is another way to remove LavasoftTcpService64 files in a way that doesn't destroy the network connection, at least I haven't seen any reports of problems in all hundreds of topics I have read during the years.

Please, download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) and save it on the desktop:
For 64 bits Windows: http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/farbar/FRST64.exe
For 32 bits Windows: http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/farbar/FRST.exe

Start the FRST program.

Read the disclaimer and click Yes to accept it.
Click Scan button.
When done, FRST will create two log files, called FRST.txt and Addition.txt, on the desktop.

Please, attach them to your reply (press More Reply Options button to see how to attach files).