Sign in to follow this  
xw123

cannot remove malware!

I quick and full scanned my cpu. my taskbar, right click context menu not working. it doesn't show anything, only show blank menu. I have windows 10. thanks!

Edited by xw123

I quick and full scanned my cpu. my taskbar, right click context menu not working. it doesn't show anything, only show blank menu. I have windows 10. thanks!

Hi xw123,

I assume you mean that you did a quick and full scan with Ad-Aware. Did it discover any malicious files?

Do you mean that nothing happens when you right-click a filename, that you get an empty context menu or that Ad-Aware isn't in the context menu?

Why do you think that it's malware that have destroyed the context menu?

Yes, I did a quick and full scan. No it didn't discover any malicious files. i right click the file explorer on my taskbar, like one of the icons. it didn't show a context menu. i'm not 100% sure. i have years of experience with using cpu haha.

I don't believe it's malware related, but a Windows problem. I recommend that you ask in a forum with good knowledge of Windows 10 and its problems.

If the problem started recently, you can try a system restore to a date when the context menu worked.

Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.Thank You !