Sign in to follow this  
BruceP

BROWSEFOX

I no longer have Chrome or Firefox on this machine. Again, I have never had a single successful browse with any other browser besides the e browser that comes with W10. I had it pointed out to me and I concur. No other browsers work well with W10. At least right now. I know you believe different.

OK, they were visible in the FRST.txt log file that you attached in post #24.

I know many persons that are using Firefox or Chrome in Windows 10 without any problems, but it's your decision :)

Time to uninstall AdwCleaner and FRST.

1. Please, turn off all programs, including browsers.
Double-click on AdwCleaner to start the program.

Click on the Uninstall button.

2. Download OTC http://oldtimer.geekstogo.com/OTC.exe
Close all programs.
Start OTC program.
Click the CleanUp! button.
Select Yes when asked "Begin cleanup process".
If you are asked to reboot, select Yes.
If any logs remain on the computer you can remove them.

3. It is very important to keep Windows and all programs updated. An old version of, for example, Flash contains vulnerabilities that makes it easy to infect the computer from a web page. To help you with keeping everything updated you can use the program Secunia Personal Software Inspector (PSI). http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/detect-vulnerable-programs-with-secunia-psi/ describes how to install and use the program.

If I put those browsers back, your saying they will act like W7? Because I have 2 W10 machines and nothing browses on either one except the e Browser from W10. Too much hassle. However I have had Internet Explorer get hosed before and I couldn't get it back right until I loaded the next edition a year and a half later. So, yeah, it's scary running with only one browser that can access the internet.

Sorry, but I don't how how the browsers will act in your computers, I only know that many persons are using them in Windows 10 without any problems. If you want, you can try the Opera browser instead, since it's nice to have an alternative browser installed.

Hi Cecilia, I have done everything you suggested in post #27. I tested out Opera and I like it. I had a little trouble with the windows update. The instructions on the website say to go to the start button and the updates will be there but this is W10 and its not the same as how the website depicts it. Some places says its not installed. When I click install it, it refers me to the start button. The Windows update is not there. However, elsewhere I have clicked a check box that makes Windows updates automatic. So, I'm confused.

• Like 1

Hi Bruce,

I'm sorry, I don't have Windows 10 and I'm not sure exactly how it works. But in Windows 10 there should be an option to install updates when you turn off and/or restart the computer by using the button in the start menu (or maybe it's the menu displayed when you right-click the start button).

Do you still have Windows Update in Control Panel or is it only available in the Settings app?

Windows Update Troubleshooter

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact the staff member who was helping you with your issue.Everyone else please begin a New Topic.Thank you !