• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
isabelle.blondin

Send us your feature ideas!

Question

We want to hear from you!

Help us shape the future of adaware ad block. Let us know what works, what doesn’t, your preferences and how we can better serve your unique needs.

Download adaware ad block for Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

8 answers to this question

I really like ad-aware ad block, it's much faster in loading pages than other ad-blockers. I just would like to see two more features:

1) An option to manually add something you want to block (in ublock origin there is a "pick" feature)

2) An option to see all the user-added active subscriptions and manage them (add, remove, disable, enable)

1 person likes this

I've just checked the new version 1.5.0.40 and I've seen that my suggestions have been implemented :) Thanks a lot :)

Posted (edited)

OK, I have tried the new version for a while.

• The "3rd-party filters" works good :)
  • The "my filters" doesn't work as expected. If you right-click on an advertisement and select "block element", it adds the filter to the list, but you can't make "my filters" work together with the "3rd-party filters" (if you check "Enable my filters", all the "3rd-party filters" will be automatically unchecked) :(
Edited by Jon79
1 person likes this

Good, the "my filters" issue has been fixed with version v1.5.1.65 :)

1 person likes this

I don't know if it's an issue or an intended behavior, but ad-aware adblock didn't update automatically from v1.5.0.40 to v1.5.1.65 and from v1.5.1.65 to v1.6.0.26.

I had to uninstall the Chrome extension and re-install it, thus losing my settings

OK, I got the auto update from v1.6.0.26 to v1.6.1.1 :)

1 person likes this

I'm still experiencing late updates... for example, on April 13th the new version 1.6.2.0 was released, but I sitll have the v. 1.6.1.1... even if I force the update on "chrome://extensions" (by enabling the "developer mode"), it doesn't update

Posted (edited)

OK I have manually updated to v. 1.6.2.0.

But now "Block dangerous sites" is greyed out (see attachment). Why?

I have enabled some "malware domains" filters under "3rd Party Filters", but I think "Block dangerous sites" uses Ad-aware own blacklist, so it should add an extra layer of security

post-110262-0-39364900-1492692884.jpg

Edited by Jon79