Sign in to follow this  
isabelle.blondin

Send us your feature ideas!

Question

8 answers to this question

I really like ad-aware ad block, it's much faster in loading pages than other ad-blockers. I just would like to see two more features:

1) An option to manually add something you want to block (in ublock origin there is a "pick" feature)

2) An option to see all the user-added active subscriptions and manage them (add, remove, disable, enable)

• Like 1

OK, I have tried the new version for a while.

• The "3rd-party filters" works good :)
  • The "my filters" doesn't work as expected. If you right-click on an advertisement and select "block element", it adds the filter to the list, but you can't make "my filters" work together with the "3rd-party filters" (if you check "Enable my filters", all the "3rd-party filters" will be automatically unchecked) :(
Edited by Jon79
  • Like 1

I don't know if it's an issue or an intended behavior, but ad-aware adblock didn't update automatically from v1.5.0.40 to v1.5.1.65 and from v1.5.1.65 to v1.6.0.26.

I had to uninstall the Chrome extension and re-install it, thus losing my settings

I'm still experiencing late updates... for example, on April 13th the new version 1.6.2.0 was released, but I sitll have the v. 1.6.1.1... even if I force the update on "chrome://extensions" (by enabling the "developer mode"), it doesn't update

OK I have manually updated to v. 1.6.2.0.

But now "Block dangerous sites" is greyed out (see attachment). Why?

I have enabled some "malware domains" filters under "3rd Party Filters", but I think "Block dangerous sites" uses Ad-aware own blacklist, so it should add an extra layer of security

post-110262-0-39364900-1492692884.jpg

Edited by Jon79