Sign in to follow this  
riket

Difficulty installing adaware 12

Question

Looks like there's no Ad-Aware 12 forum yet. I tried to install Ad-Aware 12 and got the message "Error: Couldn't create process." It looks like there may have been incomplete uninstallation of Ad-Aware 11 (judging from other requests on this board). Can you help me out with this, please? Thanks.

I'm having exactly the same problem! It's Windows 7 Pro.

It downloads the Updater, the Updater is installed, and at the very end of Updater installation - I guess - when the Updater tries to launch the update process it says Can't create process.

Looks like there's no Ad-Aware 12 forum yet. I tried to install Ad-Aware 12 and got the message "Error: Couldn't create process." It looks like there may have been incomplete uninstallation of Ad-Aware 11 (judging from other requests on this board). Can you help me out with this, please? Thanks.

I'm also having this issue, so any help would be appreciated. I'm using Windows 7.

I'm having exactly the same problem! It's Windows 7 Pro.

It downloads the Updater, the Updater is installed, and at the very end of Updater installation - I guess - when the Updater tries to launch the update process it says Can't create process.

Hi,

I hope there will be an adaware 12 forum tomorrow.

Please start with rebooting the computer, since that sometimes solves this type of error.

It's very important that Windows 7 is updated, since adaware depends on the update called KB 3033929.

Please try to install it:

Windows 7 32 bit: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=46078

Windows 7 64 bit: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=46148

If you're using a virtual machine, there are some incompatibilities and it's not recommended.

• Like 2

Hi,

Please start with rebooting the computer, since that sometimes solves this type of error.

It's very important that Windows 7 is updated, since adaware depends on the update called KB 3033929.

Windows 7 32 bit: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=46078

Windows 7 64 bit: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=46148

If you're using a virtual machine, there are some incompatibilities and it's not recommended.

This worked for me after installing KB 3033929.

Thank you for the help, CeciliaB.

This worked for me after installing KB 3033929.

Thank you for the help, CeciliaB.

You're welcome and I'm glad it solved your problem.

Here are the requested files. I was in the process of upgrading to Ad-Aware 12. My amateur guess is that there was an issue uninstalling Ad-Aware 11, which caused the issue with installing Ad-Aware 12. But again, I am very much an amateur.

Thanks again for your help CeciliaB.

adaware antivirus (2).zip

Lavasoft Logs.zip

msinfo32.zip

MSI7cc39.zip

adaware antivirus.zip

Running Windows 7 (64)

Clicked to update to 12, 11 was uninstalled, asked me to reboot, then no Ad-aware on system.

But still have Webcompanion

need help downloading and installing 12

Your website asking me for password for when I installed it in November.

I have no idea what password was provided to me.

Running Windows 7 (64)

Clicked to update to 12, 11 was uninstalled, asked me to reboot, then no Ad-aware on system.

But still have Webcompanion

need help downloading and installing 12

Your website asking me for password for when I installed it in November.

I have no idea what password was provided to me.

You should be able to download adaware 12 from https://www.adaware.com/ and no password should be necessary.

Here are the requested files. I was in the process of upgrading to Ad-Aware 12. My amateur guess is that there was an issue uninstalling Ad-Aware 11, which caused the issue with installing Ad-Aware 12. But again, I am very much an amateur.

You're welcome :)

A person at adaware software (Lavasoft) have read your logs but they need more information. I hope I'll get an instruction tomorrow (later today, depending on where you are).

Yes I can download the free version, but considering I paid for Ad-aware Pro, I'd like to download that version.

As far as I know it's the same installation file and when you enter your license key for Pro in the installed program, it'll enable the features that are unique for Pro version.

1. Please, download the attached file.

2. Right-click it and select Extract all. Save the extracted file AdAwareUpdater.msi on the Desktop (directly on the desktop and not in a folder on the desktop).

3. Double-click AdAwareUpdater.msi to start it, please.

4. Use Windows Explorer to go to the folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\adaware\adaware antivirus\updater\12.0.636.11167.

5. Double-click the file AdAwareUpdater.exe that exists in that folder.

6. If you get an error message, please take a screenshot of it and upload it in your reply.

7. Start Command Prompt.

8. Enter these commands (end each one with the Enter key):

cd %USERPROFILE%\desktop

msiexec /x AdAwareUpdater.msi for deleting AdAwareUpdater.msi

9. Please, create and upload new adaware log files and MSI files (if any created during the above actions), but system information file isn't needed this time.

In the previous log files it was possible to see that the web installer can't start the updater process and the above actions will start it manually.

AdAwareUpdater.zip

Thanks. I downloaded the file and started it. However, when I got to these steps:

4. Use Windows Explorer to go to the folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\adaware\adaware antivirus\updater\12.0.636.11167.

5. Double-click the file AdAwareUpdater.exe that exists in that folder.

There is no AdAwareUpdater.exe in that folder. Two folders (resources and translations) are in \12.0.636.11167, no files.

post-105763-0-31575000-1487263005_thumb.png

Edited by riket

Thanks for the information. Unfortunately the one that gave me the instruction has left the office for today, but I'll inform him tomorrow.

Hi,

Hi

Same problem here, but I will not install any Microsoft updates, especially not KB 3033929!

Why are you complicating your installer?

Edit it as it was in version 11 because I will not switch to the new version until you fix all bugs, sorry.

Undoubtedly the "Twelve" is a good product but would you offer him in ofline version for advanced users who themselves set the rest :)

Hi

Same problem here, but I will not install any Microsoft updates, especially not KB 3033929!

Why are you complicating your installer?

Edit it as it was in version 11 because I will not switch to the new version until you fix all bugs, sorry.

Undoubtedly the "Twelve" is a good product but would you offer him in ofline version for advanced users who themselves set the rest :)

Hi Jack,

Sorry, but then adaware 12 isn't the right product for you. I guess that depending on that update with a new hashing algorithms makes signing of adaware files safer and it's not a bug in adaware.

What do you mean with an "offline version" in more detail?

Win 7 Pro, Service Pack 1. I have installed KB 3033929 but still updating doesn't work. Before it would give me an error Cant create process and now it would go past that stage but then it will just stall saying I cant remember exactly what maybe Updater installation finished.

Any other updates it depends on?

How do I uninistall the updater?

Thank you

I'm gonna give it one more chance. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the free version and all the work done by your team but I have already tried to update it like 10 times, its tiring (every time it needs to download the installer and then the installer downloads the update etc) and the pop up is super annoying, it's like you guys trying to be responsible for my PC's security. Don't. Just have one pop up saying you must update to the newest version and if you don't then you are compromising your computer's security and use the old version at your own risk.

Edited by binarymoods

Win 7 Pro, Service Pack 1. I have installed KB 3033929 but still updating doesn't work. Before it would give me an error Cant create process and now it would go past that stage but then it will just stall saying I cant remember exactly what maybe Updater installation finished.

Any other updates it depends on?

How do I uninistall the updater?

Thank you

I'm gonna give it one more chance. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the free version and all the work done by your team but I have already tried to update it like 10 times, its tiring (every time it needs to download the installer and then the installer downloads the update etc) and the pop up is super annoying, it's like you guys trying to be responsible for my PC's security. Don't. Just have one pop up saying you must update to the newest version and if you don't then you are compromising your computer's security and use the old version at your own risk.

You are welcome :)

1. No other update that I've heard of.

2. I don't know and today I haven't got any replies from adaware software (Lavasoft), so I can't ask more question at the moment.

You can save the installer in the computer instead of downloading it many times.

Please, follow the instructions in http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?/topic/34799-how-to-report-a-problem/ to let Lavasoft investigate your problem.

• Like 1

Hi Jack,

Sorry, but then adaware 12 isn't the right product for you. I guess that depending on that update with a new hashing algorithms makes signing of adaware files safer and it's not a bug in adaware.

What do you mean with an "offline version" in more detail?

Just like the old standalone installer:

http://www.lavasoft.com/mylavasoft/support/supportcenter/standalone-installer

..or whole product:

http://www.lavasoft.com/mylavasoft/index.php?q=support/supportcenter/ad-aware-standalone-installer

Can You do that with 12?

And make installer simple...don't complicate...it is not funny anymore

Best wishes!

Just like the old standalone installer:

http://www.lavasoft.com/mylavasoft/support/supportcenter/standalone-installer

..or whole product:

http://www.lavasoft.com/mylavasoft/index.php?q=support/supportcenter/ad-aware-standalone-installer

Can You do that with 12?

And make installer simple...don't complicate...it is not funny anymore

Best wishes!

I guess that they will develop a standalone installer when the developers of adaware antivirus 12 aren't fully occupied with fixing all major problems, since the stand-alone installer has been useful, not only here but probably in customer support too.

There is a forum where you suggest new features: http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?/forum/195-adaware-antivirus/

Edited by CeciliaB

My father-in-law got the AA 12 upgrade prompt on his Win10 system, so I went over to help him through the steps.

The installer first removed AA 11, but after rebooting we basically had a Win10 box without any Lavasoft products installed (not in Start Menu).

We ran the installer again, but nothing happens. Doesn't matter how many times we run the installer.

My father-in-law got the AA 12 upgrade prompt on his Win10 system, so I went over to help him through the steps.

The installer first removed AA 11, but after rebooting we basically had a Win10 box without any Lavasoft products installed (not in Start Menu).

We ran the installer again, but nothing happens. Doesn't matter how many times we run the installer.

Hello, Patrick Coghlan

After you run web installer have you seen web installer windows that stucks, or totally nothing?

Could you please attach the Logs folder from C:\ProgramData\adaware\adaware antivirus?

Hello, Patrick Coghlan

After you run web installer have you seen web installer windows that stucks, or totally nothing?

Could you please attach the Logs folder from C:\ProgramData\adaware\adaware antivirus?

He mentioned that there was a pop-up with a progress bar that seemed to hang about 3/4 of the way through, but when I went over I think there was a similar pop-up for the removal that completed.

Can't say that anything became stuck; only that after the running the installer after AA 11 was removed (and system rebooted) there was no Lavasoft folder on the Start menu. He is no longer being prompted for the AA 12 upgrade, but I guess that's because AA isn't on his computer any more.