Sign in to follow this  
riket

Difficulty installing adaware 12

Question

Looks like there's no Ad-Aware 12 forum yet. I tried to install Ad-Aware 12 and got the message "Error: Couldn't create process." It looks like there may have been incomplete uninstallation of Ad-Aware 11 (judging from other requests on this board). Can you help me out with this, please? Thanks.

Lol, what graphic drivers have with the installation process ? :)

Okay, some people may have problem with screen, but it should not be associated with an installer! Do you ppl use DX API? Switch to the OGL (at least 1.0) ... any windows have it!

But, after all, the main problems remain unsolved.

If nothing else, allow users the option to install the old AA11, until the problem is solved in the new installer.

My Ad-Aware Version 11.15.1046.10613 work like a charm !

Personally, I will not switch to a new product and I already know how bypass popup for a new installation ;)

Hello, Patrick Coghlan

After you run web installer have you seen web installer windows that stucks, or totally nothing?

Could you please attach the Logs folder from C:\ProgramData\adaware\adaware antivirus?

this is ridiculous...but let me know if you resolve issues with your update and twelve finally work well ;)

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 5:06 PM, CeciliaB said:

Hi,

I hope there will be an adaware 12 forum tomorrow.

Please start with rebooting the computer, since that sometimes solves this type of error.

It's very important that Windows 7 is updated, since adaware depends on the update called KB 3033929.

Please try to install it:

Windows 7 32 bit: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=46078

Windows 7 64 bit: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=46148

If you're using a virtual machine, there are some incompatibilities and it's not recommended.

I have been having issues activating on a Virtual Machine, is this one of the 'incompatibilities?

Will VMs be supported sometime soon?

Kurt

10 hours ago, Kurt_R said:

I have been having issues activating on a Virtual Machine, is this one of the 'incompatibilities?

Will VMs be supported sometime soon?

Kurt

Hi Kurt,

There have been new releases since February but I don't know if they've fixed all problems that can occur in a Virtual Machine. Can you describe your problem with activation with more details?

15 hours ago, CeciliaB said:

Hi Kurt,

There have been new releases since February but I don't know if they've fixed all problems that can occur in a Virtual Machine. Can you describe your problem with activation with more details?

I will put in the key, then click then click "Activate" it goes to the next screen and errors out almost immediately saying that it can't activate at this time and I will try again several times, with the same response.  This has happened on at least 2 VMs that I have tried on.

7 hours ago, Kurt_R said:

I will put in the key, then click then click "Activate" it goes to the next screen and errors out almost immediately saying that it can't activate at this time and I will try again several times, with the same response.  This has happened on at least 2 VMs that I have tried on.

That isn't a known problem, please collect logs and other information by following the instructions in "https://forum.adaware.com/index.php?/topic/34799-how-to-report-a-problem to let adaware software investigate your problem.

Hi

Same problem here, but I will not install any Microsoft updates, especially not KB 3033929!

Why are you complicating your installer?

Edit it as it was in version 11 because I will not switch to the new version until you fix all bugs, sorry.

Undoubtedly the "Twelve" is a good product but would you offer him in ofline version for advanced users who themselves set the rest :)

Hi Jack,

Sorry, but then adaware 12 isn't the right product for you. I guess that depending on that update with a new hashing algorithms makes signing of adaware files safer and it's not a bug in adaware.

What do you mean with an "offline version" in more detail?

My father-in-law got the AA 12 upgrade prompt on his Win10 system, so I went over to help him through the steps.

The installer first removed AA 11, but after rebooting we basically had a Win10 box without any Lavasoft products installed (not in Start Menu).

We ran the installer again, but nothing happens. Doesn't matter how many times we run the installer.

Hello, Patrick Coghlan

After you run web installer have you seen web installer windows that stucks, or totally nothing?

Could you please attach the Logs folder from C:\ProgramData\adaware\adaware antivirus?