Sign in to follow this  
jotazombie

problems to update version 12 on different PCs

Question

Hi, I'm getting a prettuy disapoiting experience with this. I've asked on the lavasoft facebook page, they told me to write an email to general support providing some information I did that and I didn't got a reply yet (more than 24hs).

We've 3 computers with adaware Pro Security 11 installed as main defence. Two of these computers runs with Windows 7 64bits, when they tried to update I got the "couldn't create process" error message. I've saw here on the form that CeciliaB provided a link to download the KB3033929 windows update. I tried that in one computer and it seems it worked but after doing the adaware 12 update I got a message forcing me to install as second line of defence even if I don't have any other software and the previous version wasn't installed that way. Since I didn't have other option I've installed it the version 12 as second line, so is there any way to move or select it as primary or main line of defence? I've noticed when I open adware 12 that it says "Pro" so I guess it accepted the key from 11 version but the real time, web and email protection was off so I turned on real time, web and email protection and the active virus control, I had to make an aditional download for each and reboot each time. but I'm not sure if that was enough to make adaware to work as main defece.

I'm waiting to do the KB3033929 update and all that on the second computer until know what has happened on the first one.

The other computer runs with windows 10 64bits and I couldn't update to version 12 for a different reason, in this case I didn't got the message window saying that I should update so I tried to do it manually but when I try to open adaware (the currect 11 version) I get a message saying that service is not available (I tried several times during the day) and I can't do anything else because the window is blocked. Again I thought that I could uninstall version 11 and install version 12 but I'm not sure to do that since I can't even check my key numerber for the Pro security version I've so if the new install ask me for the key to active Pro security I don't have it.

I will really appreciate it if you can help to fix it in a simple way because I was pretty happy with adaware until now (enough to buy Pro version for 3 computers and a 4th one as gift for someone else) but now it's kind of a hedache.

Thanks in advance.

3 answers to this question

Everything fixed!

Thanks CeciliaB you made my experience with Adaware 5 starts again, I would give a hug if I could :)

I didn't knew I could see all the keys in the Support Center. I did the repair for Adaware 11 and it worked then it got update to 12 without any issues.

About the first computer with windows 7, my wife told me she has installed a malware tool for usb flash and I didn't noticed it when updating Adaware so now I just removed that tool, made a cleaning with Ccleaner, and reinstalled Adaware 12 and We've all the protections on again. So I guess we don't need the FRST scan, right?

Thanks!

• Like 1

Hi jotazombi,

I guess that the support team has a lot of problems to take care of now and that builds up the queue.

1. First computer with Windows 7

When you active all protections, it's the same thing as doing a full installation instead of one in compatible mode.

Maybe there is something left of Ad-Aware 11 and I can probably see that in the log files generated by the FRST program.

Please, download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) and save it on the desktop: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/

Start the FRST program.

Read the disclaimer and click Yes to accept it.
Click Scan button.
When done, FRST will create two log files, called FRST.txt and Addition.txt, on the desktop.

Please, attach them to your reply (click More Reply Options button to see how to attach files).

2. Computer with Windows 10

Can you do a repair of the installation of Ad-Aware 11?

You do that in the Control Panel's list of installed programs by first selecting Ad-Aware and then click Change -> Repair.

Can you login to Support Center Login on http://www.lavasoft.com/mylavasoft/index.php?q=support/supportcenter and see your license keys there?

Everything fixed!

Thanks CeciliaB you made my experience with Adaware 5 starts again, I would give a hug if I could :)

I didn't knew I could see all the keys in the Support Center. I did the repair for Adaware 11 and it worked then it got update to 12 without any issues.

About the first computer with windows 7, my wife told me she has installed a malware tool for usb flash and I didn't noticed it when updating Adaware so now I just removed that tool, made a cleaning with Ccleaner, and reinstalled Adaware 12 and We've all the protections on again. So I guess we don't need the FRST scan, right?

Thanks!

Very good!

FRST isn't needed when everything works.

You're welcome :)