Sign in to follow this  
davegthomas

Upgrade to Adaware free Antivirus Version 12 from 11.12

Question

Over the past 3 days I have attempted to download and install the new version and all I seem to finish up with is version 11.12.945.9202 which occasionally states it is the latest version!

When installing it always seems to go to the page that talks about previous versions of windows ie. XP Vista etc. I am running Windows 7 (64bit) and do not intend to change anytime soon.

I filled in a support form yesterday but have heard nothing.

Am I the only one who is having a problem?

9 answers to this question

Having wasted half a day yesterday and, apart from CeciliaB, having received no tech support I decided to completely flush out all the old remnants of past and current versions of adaware from my PC. There was quite a bit some going back to 2006 anyway having done that I decided to look for an alternate provider of version 12 and download.com got the job. I got version 12 up and running.

Problem solved.

• Like 1

Hi davegthomas,

I guess the support team is very busy these days.

Please, see http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?/topic/34796-installation-problem-in-windows-7/ and also install all other Windows updates.

Is it possible to to uninstall Ad-Aware 11, restart the computer and then install adaware 12?

If that is unsuccessful, please follow the instructions in http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?/topic/34799-how-to-report-a-problem/ to let adaware software (Lavasoft) investigate the installation problem.

Hi CeciliaB

I had already checked the MS updates and am fully up to date. I did a complete uninstall of Adaware software and started again from scratch however the result was EXACTLY THE SAME!!!

So I guess I will have to get used to working without the assistance of Lavasoft & Ad Aware.

Perhaps in a few months somebody will discover their mistake and rectify the problem and maybe somebody might let me know.

Cheers

Hi davegthomas,

Can't you help adaware software (Lavasoft) to find the bug instead?

They can't fix a bug if they don't know when and where it occurs.

I attempted to send the other files but it stated they were too big.

Perhaps one of your wizards can attach to my PC and grab them?

Edited by davegthomas

Still refuses to send adaware antivirus.zip - not allowed

Please, upload the files to a file sharing service, e.g. Dropbox, Google Drive, One Drive etc. and link to the files in your reply instead.

I'm glad that you managed to install adaware 12 :)

Maybe some of all left-overs disturbed the installation, since it should be the same installation file on download.com as on adaware.com.