Sign in to follow this  
Mebits

Trouble Installing 12

Question

I got the updater downloaded and ran it, and after a few minutes, I got a big black box on my screen but no AdAware 12. I gave it an hour or so, but it made no difference. I rebooted and tried again. Still no success. I'm reunning Win 8.1.

Here's what windows is saying about the problem.

Description:
A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
Application Name: AdAwareUpdater.exe
Application Version: 12.0.649.11190
Application Timestamp: 58ac3402
Hang Signature: 8dd4
Hang Type: 134217728
OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Hang Signature 1: 8dd476de57dc839cf8ab2aa6c956151b
Additional Hang Signature 2: 1fef
Additional Hang Signature 3: 1fef7cb7a91612478d0d855530dc27ed
Additional Hang Signature 4: 8dd4
Additional Hang Signature 5: 8dd476de57dc839cf8ab2aa6c956151b
Additional Hang Signature 6: 1fef
Additional Hang Signature 7: 1fef7cb7a91612478d0d855530dc27ed

10 answers to this question

I got the updater downloaded and ran it, and after a few minutes, I got a big black box on my screen but no AdAware 12. I gave it an hour or so, but it made no difference. I rebooted and tried again. Still no success. I'm reunning Win 8.1.

Here's what windows is saying about the problem.

Description:

A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: AppHangB1

Application Name: AdAwareUpdater.exe

Application Version: 12.0.649.11190

Application Timestamp: 58ac3402

Hang Signature: 8dd4

Hang Type: 134217728

OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Hang Signature 1: 8dd476de57dc839cf8ab2aa6c956151b

Additional Hang Signature 2: 1fef

Additional Hang Signature 3: 1fef7cb7a91612478d0d855530dc27ed

Additional Hang Signature 4: 8dd4

Additional Hang Signature 5: 8dd476de57dc839cf8ab2aa6c956151b

Additional Hang Signature 6: 1fef

Additional Hang Signature 7: 1fef7cb7a91612478d0d855530dc27ed

Hi Mebits,

What antivirusprogram, firewall etc. did you have before installing adaware antivirus?

It's possible that the uninstallation of them wasn't complete and there might be left-overs that disturbs the installation.

I have been using Adaware exclusively, I think, on this computer. I may have been using the Windows firewall. I have manually uninstalled and reinstalled Adaware and still the update failed. I did a windows update a week or two ago, and I just did another. I tried the update for a 4th or 5th (who's counting?!?) time, just now, and it, too failed. I got what appeared to be a completed update, then an Adaware "box" popped up, even as I got some manner of AMD driver error message just prior to my screen going black for a couple seconds, then everything popped back up, leaving me with a black box where the "Adaware box" was prior. No response for several minutes.

I have been using Adaware exclusively, I think, on this computer. I may have been using the Windows firewall. I have manually uninstalled and reinstalled Adaware and still the update failed. I did a windows update a week or two ago, and I just did another. I tried the update for a 4th or 5th (who's counting?!?) time, just now, and it, too failed. I got what appeared to be a completed update, then an Adaware "box" popped up, even as I got some manner of AMD driver error message just prior to my screen going black for a couple seconds, then everything popped back up, leaving me with a black box where the "Adaware box" was prior. No response for several minutes.

If you've problem with the latest release, please collect logs and other information by following the instructions in http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?/topic/33638-collect-logs-for-troubleshooting/ to let Lavasoft investigate your problem.

Updated every AMD driver I could find. Rebooted. Tried the update again. Failed. Rebooted again. Tried again. Same "black box" on my screen.

How did you update the drivers, from Device Manager in Windows or did you visit AMD web site and downloaded the latest version?

Device Manager in Windows! Heading over to AMD now.

Good!

Please inform us if that solves your problem, and if not see http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?/topic/34837-how-to-solve-a-common-problem-during-installation-of-adaware-antivirus-12/ .

No joy even after updating the AMD drivers and doing a windows update and rebooting thrice. :(

Please, post the information asked for in http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?/topic/34837-how-to-solve-a-common-problem-during-installation-of-adaware-antivirus-12/ .