Sign in to follow this  
LittleNipper

Cant install Adaware 12 on Windows 7

Question

Hi I'm an intermediate skilled computer user. But this is the first time I've posted to the forum, normally I can find what I need but not this time.

I'm trying to install Adaware 12, pro version. After three days of trying this is what has happened.

Firstly I had to reinstall Windows 7 due to a disk failure (Just normal wear and tear) I tried to install with bare minimum updates. I used the ones mentioned on this forum but it didn't work at this stage. So I downloaded the Windows 7 stack to get all of the updates at once. Took a day and a half and numerous restarts. Then the installer began to work.

After several tries I got it up to the point "Install updater done" but no further. Once the box is closed all the files disappear from the common folder *even the adaware folder itself"

I tried using the adaware updater.msi download and followed instructions but with no files in the folder I couldn't do that.

One time I waited an extra long time and got the error message: "error; Msi transaction owner change failed"

Would you be able to provide an offline installer please for me because my netbook has minimum requirements. i.e is slow.

computerinfo.zip

MSId5797.zip

adaware antivirus.zip

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

I've reported the same problem last week and have not yet received tech assistance... if you hop over to my thread "msi transaction owner change failed" and follow it, maybe, between the two someone will figure out how to fix the msi owner change issue. Good Luck, I have yet to see anyone supply an offline installer for AdAware 12, only AdAware11 *sighs*

Hello, LittleNipper

We are very sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with new adaware antivirus 12. We would like to ask you to remotely access your computer to take proper actions on the matter to get it resolved. To do this, please install the TeamViewer program. Please provide us your ID and Password information(to email [email protected]). Do not close the TeamViewer window.

We highly appreciate your cooperation and we thank you in advance for taking your time to solve this issue. Please specify your time zone and let us know a convenient time for the remote session running.

We do hope that you allow remote connection to your computer, so that we can have the opportunity to solve the problem as soon as possible.

Hello, LittleNipper
We are very sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with new adaware antivirus 12. We would like to ask you to remotely access your computer to take proper actions on the matter to get it resolved. To do this, please install the TeamViewer program. Please provide us your ID and Password information(to email [email protected]). Do not close the TeamViewer window.
We highly appreciate your cooperation and we thank you in advance for taking your time to solve this issue. Please specify your time zone and let us know a convenient time for the remote session running.
We do hope that you allow remote connection to your computer, so that we can have the opportunity to solve the problem as soon as possible.

Was a resolution found? I've been waiting for a week for some customer support for this exact problem. As a paying customer, I am ready to ask for a prorated refund as I have only managed 2 months out of my pro account before it failed. I've been without virus protection for 2 weeks.