• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

KellyKimble

Why is adaware marking my local web as dangerous?

Question

I am a developer and have created a website using Visual Studio, IIS Express and ASP.NET. I am not using SSL at this point because the web is only on my local machine.

When I browse to my own website on my own computer, AdAware tells me the site is dangerous.

I tried scanning my computer with 3 different scanners and everything came up clean. I then went to a laptop I hadn't used in a while and created the website on that system then browsed to it and received the same warning. I attached a screenshot.

I can't figure out how to get AdAware to tell me what the problem is. I think it is a false positive but I want a way to verify that.

Please help.

post-110658-0-33208500-1490666075_thumb.jpg

2 answers to this question

Hi Kelly,

Unfortunately there is a bug in the current version of adaware adblock that blocks web sites that have an IP address instead of an URL. A new version will released shortly.

I don't know if it helps if you write localhost instead of the computer's IP address, but at least you can try.

http://localhost:57386/....

Hi again,

Adaware software (Lavasoft) told me that it wouldn't help to enter localhost instead of the IP address. You've to either select "Continue..." in the message every time or deactivate "block dangerous sites" in adaware adblock.