Sign in to follow this  
binarymoods

How to remove Adaware Updater?

Question

I couldn't install Adaware 12 no matter how I tried and I'm a very experienced Windows user.

It says "Installing Updater done" and it stalls forever.

How do I remove this installed Updater?

I can't find it in the list of installed programs nor in Program Files or in AppDate folder. I'm pretty sure it is sitting somewhere there and it as already modified registry keys etc.

Why I know that is sitting there because when I tried to install Adaware 11 it started as version 11 but then it detected Updater 12 then the installation logo changed from 11 to 12 and then it stalls the same as 12.

2 answers to this question

I couldn't install Adaware 12 no matter how I tried and I'm a very experienced Windows user.

It says "Installing Updater done" and it stalls forever.

How do I remove this installed Updater?

I can't find it in the list of installed programs nor in Program Files or in AppDate folder. I'm pretty sure it is sitting somewhere there and it as already modified registry keys etc.

Why I know that is sitting there because when I tried to install Adaware 11 it started as version 11 but then it detected Updater 12 then the installation logo changed from 11 to 12 and then it stalls the same as 12.

Hi binarymoods,

Please, collect as much as possible of the logs and other information mentioned in the instructions in http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?/topic/34799-how-to-report-a-problem/ to let adaware software (Lavasoft) investigate your problem.

Hello, binarymoods

Updater will be uninstalled automatically after web installer window is closed.

About your problem - looks like your video card is old. Try to find latest drivers and install them.