Sign in to follow this  
josiposch

Massive Problems on Adaware 12

Question

Hello,

i used Adaware 12 Free and don't had Problems.

I buy today the Pro Version because the Toal Version have Features that i don't need for one Person.

After i purchased the Pro Version i change the Key from Free Version to the Pro Version i purchased. Now all features are activated.

I left all settings to default. So for now only to open a Website i need more then 5 Minutes. If i try to open Outlook 2016 on my Machine now takes 5 Times longer ( around 4 Minutes)

I take a look at CPU and RAM but that's ok. The Problem is now after i swiched to Pro the HDD is always on 100 % usage. 

And also the Network Protection feature is ok and the Windows Firewall deactivated but the only good thing about is that Blocks by default Ports and all other Settings are on " allow" if i switch to ask me i recieve every second a message if directx or outlook are allowed to run. I mean here be better that Adaware detect known Progs to run i don't have time to allow youself to open Internet Explorer or Google Chrome to search the Web.

Anybody an Idea i don't really want to use the 30 Day Money Back because i like the new Version 12.. THX

I will test the Gaming mode because i am gaming and streaming if it slows also down then sorry not usable for me.

I put Screen of my System bellow.

hdd.PNG

sys1.PNG

task.PNG

8 answers to this question

Hi josiposch,

Please collect and upload logs and other information by following the instruction .

But 0,7 MB/s is nothing compared to what a hard disk should be able to handle. Please sort on the hard disk usage by clicking on the header "Datenträ...".

Have you let adaware do a full scan of the computer?

Hello,

just doing Full scan.  Will later put the Files here just to be sure i deactivated adaware then the HDD usage gos from 100 % down to 3 % this is a huge difference.

So it seems adaware is doing something but what? Also visit a website is not possible it takes too long. I never had other Software running Defender and Win Firewall are disabled but i cannot uninstall them ^^

Playing is also not possible. Problems here are the Hack Shield and a lot of MMO's using it. Game Mode don't help. Also reduce the On demand scanner to lower have no effect here only to stop adaware compleatly. 

Just wondering because Adaware 12 Free no problems. I don't reinstalled or changed anything because i only enter the purchased Pro key because the installer is the same.

Also an old Problem the Databank Updates takes 1 hour to download install is little faster but why it takes so long?

Edited by josiposch

Hello,

i am Back .

The other File was very big so i put it on google.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bzp7GcoPU4XReFd5SEFZTVJNY1U

Msixxx.zip

info.zip

PS: Just want to say i only set the Settings back to default, set Pin and do Fullscan now works without Problems. For some reason will help some other regards.

Edited by josiposch

Hi,

PS: Just want to say i only set the Settings back to default, set Pin and do Fullscan now works without Problems. For some reason will help some other regards.

Sorry. Do you mean that you haven't any problems now at all or only that full scan works well?
Can you tell us which settings you changed back?

As far as I know Game Mode blocks messages.

Hello,

don't really know if i answer for sure go Setting>Restore Factory default ( recommended Setting)> reboot done. If PIN was enter you have to set again or another.

The Game Mode don't know if works i activate it yestarday but the Game minimized again if i have Chrome open because Chrome Push a lot of Notifications.

PS: Just two little question don't want to open new post is there offline PDF Help availible for adaware 12 and on the Copyright there is no lavasoft anymore does it belong to lavasoft or it's now seperate Product managed by others?

Edited by josiposch

Hi,

Game Mode only prevents messages from adaware antivirus, it can't stop messages from other programs/apps.

Sorry, only the online manual for now: https://www.adaware.com/user-guide/home

Adaware software is the new name of the company known as Lavasoft: https://www.adaware.com/history-adaware

• Like 1