Sign in to follow this  
Iandc6

AdAware Unintsall / Installer

Question

Hi have tried repeatedly to uninstall AdAware. Whilst it appears to have been removed from my system, I keep getting the Installer window opening at random times. It points to a location that doesn't have any files.

I have now tried to download and re-install AdAware AV, but when the system detects Previous AdAware files, tries to delete them, then the system crashes.

I did make the mistake and think that Avast was already installed. I didn't realise I was downloading AdAware AV. My mistake. But I would really appreciate advice on how to remove this from my system. 

I would love to know how I can completely remove this from my system.

Thank you

1 answer to this question

1 hour ago, Iandc6 said:

Hi have tried repeatedly to uninstall AdAware. Whilst it appears to have been removed from my system, I keep getting the Installer window opening at random times. It points to a location that doesn't have any files.

I have now tried to download and re-install AdAware AV, but when the system detects Previous AdAware files, tries to delete them, then the system crashes.

I did make the mistake and think that Avast was already installed. I didn't realise I was downloading AdAware AV. My mistake. But I would really appreciate advice on how to remove this from my system. 

I would love to know how I can completely remove this from my system.

Thank you

Hi landc6,

Let us see what left-overs of adaware antivirus you have. Please, download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) and save it on the desktop:
For 64 bits Windows: http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/farbar/FRST64.exe
For 32 bits Windows: http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/farbar/FRST.exe

Start the FRST program.

Read the disclaimer and click Yes to accept it.
Click Scan button.
When done, FRST will create two log files, called FRST.txt and Addition.txt, on the desktop.

Please, attach them to your reply.