Sign in to follow this  
dcyuri7

can't uninstall

Question

Look I'll be straight forward here. I am extremely frustrated with this. 

I would like to uninstall your product, and when I try, nothing happens. I goto Control Panel, add/remove cpl , and both Uninstall and Change buttons do absolutely nothing. 

Additionally, the program will not stay running. The service constantly shuts itself down. I can manually go into services panel, start adaware, and it says "running". some 15 seconds later, it's suddenly stopped again. As you can imagine, that makes it impossible to operate the GUI interface. Which is constantly telling me "Service unavailable!". 

Please help before I get so pissed that I format the pc and start over. I enjoyed your product, while it was working. It no longer does, and I need to reinstall it. 

Also by the way, your reset password link provided by your main account login page (sent by email), routes to a nginx 403. Useless. So I can't even download my paid product, because I can't login to my account because I can't reset my password. Please tell me how to remove this program. Please.     Sorry, for the language. Been one of those days. This is some serious icing on the cake.

Edited by CeciliaB
Language

5 answers to this question

Hi dcyuri7,

Please, keep the forum family-friendly.

It's the same download file for the free and paid versions, it's the license key that unlocks the features of the paid version.

What happened in the computer before adaware service couldn't run, any (un)installations, updates etc.?

Please use Removal Tool: https://www.adaware.com/removal-tool

If the Removal Tool can't remove everything of adaware antivirus, please collect logs and other information by following the instructions in https://forum.adaware.com/index.php?/topic/34799-how-to-report-a-problem to let Lavasoft investigate your problem with the service that stops (and probably causing the uninstallation problem).

I'm highly suspicious of adaware now - after installing, then after initial scan it kept prompting me to "update" and it WOULD NOT UPDATE!

Also, why in the world is it so difficult to remove?!?!  Uninstalling alone WILL NOT DO THE TRICK!

Is this a virus?????

Hi Cin,

Of course adaware antivirus isn't a virus, but all antivirus programs are difficult to uninstall since they need to be protected from virus and other malicious programs that want to disable (or uninstall) them.

Does adaware antivirus want to update the program itself (you installed an old version) or the definitions?
In the latter case: Is the computer connected to internet with a VPN connection or a proxy server?

Which antivirus program did you use before installing adaware antivirus?
Did you use that programs special Removal/Uninstallation tool?
If not, there might be left-overs that disturbs the installation of adaware antivirus.

Please use Removal Tool after the normal uninstallation of adaware antivirus: https://www.adaware.com/removal-tool

I have not purchased this antivirus it automatically downloaded the free version in my pc and is not uninstalling even trying 100 times.This antivirus or should i say a virus .Please do something

1 hour ago, Saurav said:

I have not purchased this antivirus it automatically downloaded the free version in my pc and is not uninstalling even trying 100 times.This antivirus or should i say a virus .Please do something

Hi Saurav,

Have you used the Adaware Removal Tool that I linked to other posts above?