• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Mike Meredith

Adaware shows Trojan virus Trojan.VBS.VAU

Question

Posted (edited)

:)   Malawarebytes did find and remove pup called Spigot--although I needed Adwcleaner for the removal to work.

Dear Adaware support:  

Is this a false positive?   It cannot be quaranteened-I get a "failed" and dleting via Adaware to no effect.  

Malawarebytes scan and Kaspersky do not find the virus.   Do I ignore this result from a Full scan?   Using latest Windows 10 Pro.   --Mike M.

Edited by Mike Meredith

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Mike Meredith said:

:)   Malawarebytes did find and remove pup called Spigot--although I needed Adwcleaner for the removal to work.

Dear Adaware support:  

Is this a false positive?   It cannot be quaranteened-I get a "failed" and dleting via Adaware to no effect.  

Malawarebytes scan and Kaspersky do not find the virus.   Do I ignore this result from a Full scan?   Using latest Windows 10 Pro.   --Mike M.

Hi Mike,

In which file (incl. file path) does adaware antivirus find Trojan.VBS.VAU?

adaware stopped updating I reinstalled and I will let you know if I still get the notice when I re-scan. Thanks!  -Mike M

Now with the reinstall, the full scan no longer shows the false positive. Thanks for your response!  Mike M.

You're welcome :)
I'm glad there is no false positive now.