• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Question

I am pleased to say that the site OldApps had the Adaware that I was looking for, i.e. to work on my older, but still functional IBM T42 laptop with Windows XP.  I recommend OldApps to anyone in the same predicament I was in.  What happens is that Microsoft no longer has its Essentials antivirus program for Windows XP.  Once again thanks to those people who tried to help me. MH

1 answer to this question

6 hours ago, Michael7t1 said:

I am pleased to say that the site OldApps had the Adaware that I was looking for, i.e. to work on my older, but still functional IBM T42 laptop with Windows XP.  I recommend OldApps to anyone in the same predicament I was in.  What happens is that Microsoft no longer has its Essentials antivirus program for Windows XP.  Once again thanks to those people who tried to help me. MH

Hi Michael7t1,

If you're referring to Ad-Aware 2008 again, I still don't recommend that product since it can't protect your computer from the malware types that are common today.

The last version of Ad-Aware that works on XP is version 11.12 and it will be installed when you use the default installer on the web site: https://www.adaware.com/antivirus

1 person likes this