• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

BobH

Changing computers

Question

I have had to upgrade my PC to a new one and I cannot enter the License Key as it was used on my previous, now dead, computer. How does one go about this situation?

7 answers to this question

10 hours ago, BobH said:

I have had to upgrade my PC to a new one and I cannot enter the License Key as it was used on my previous, now dead, computer. How does one go about this situation?

Hi Bob,

Which version of adaware antivirus do you have, free or paid?

Do you mean that you can't enter the characters or that the key isn't accepted?

If you have the free version and the old key isn't accepted, you can register with another email address to get a new license key. If that isn't possible, please see https://forum.adaware.com/index.php?/topic/34799-how-to-report-a-problem/.

Hi CeliaB

Thanks for answering my inquiry.

I have a paid license for antivirus pro which is valid to October 2018.

When I try activation, I enter the License Key and get the reply "Activation Failed"; obviously this key has been used before on my old (and now dead) computer, but I cannot find any way to tell Adaware what I am trying to do.

Thanks for the license key :)
Please try to upload the adaware log files too.

It has been 3 weeks since this problem was reported and I wonder if Lavasoft has any interest in supporting its customers. The problem prohibits me from using their software and that is of major concern to me but the solution has to be relatively simply as it only requires the input of a license key. I am thinking it would be better to write-off my payment to Lavasoft and get alternative software where the parent company really does support its customer base. Anyone care to comment?

Bob, I'm sorry but as far as I know, adaware software needs the log files to know the reason for the activation failure instead of guessing. But I'll ask my contact person anyway.

When adaware software checks your license key, they can see that it has been used to activate two computers already, The first on in the morning 8th of October and then another one 5 hours later (used until 12 of December).

They want to see log files created immediately after a trial to activate, since it contains information used during the activation and it's necessary for replacing the current license information with information about your new computer.

Since you've a paid version, you can contact the support team directly too.

• Haha 1