Sign in to follow this  
chrono

Various problems with my Adaware Pro

Question

I am a current paid subscriber for Adaware Pro and as of this morning I have been 12 days without virus definition updates nor the software working in any form.  Upon doing some research I discovered that Windows 10 did an update on Dec 20th, in the AM, which is about the time things would have stopped working.  Anyway I had to do a complete PC reset and delete all files and settings.  I went to download a copy of Adaware Pro from the website and they are saying that I have to purchase another subscription, I see nowhere on the site to inform them at download that I have a key and that I am a current subscriber so I downloaded the free version thinking I could insert my key in the activation area and it would all the Pro to download and operate....not so.  Please help.  Thank you in advance

5 answers to this question

After 3 restarts and multiple opens/closes of the program in Task Manager  I was finally able to get it to accept my activation key AND update the virus definitions, for the most part.  Thank you for taking time to read / moderate the boards.  

• Thanks 1

Hi @chrono,

Please describe what happens when you enter your key in the activation area, e.g. any error messages.

currently I am getting a "service is unavailable" notice.  As soon as that clears up, hopefully soon, I will re-enter my activation code and update you.  Thank you.

@chrono

You're welcome :)

I'm glad it's been resolved, but if you get "service is unavailable" again, please come back.