CeciliaB

Suggestions & ideas - what features would you like to see

Question

Adaware antivirus 12 have been available for some time, but let Lavasoft know what improvements you want them to include in future versions.

If you have a idea for a new feature, something you'd like to see in the GUI or any other suggestions you have to make adaware antivirus better, post them here.

Be as detailed as you like!

Please, try to only post suggestions and short answers in this topic. If you want help with an issue, please start your own topic.

8 answers to this question

Please bring back the option for users to directly download definitions manually to update our AdAware security software.

Users used to have this option ... I even found the old link, which no longer works and has been taken down (http://download.lavasoft.com/public/defs.zip). This was a free, public site/database for all.

After the recent 8-day failure for definitions to update due to server problems (in addition to other times this has happened) and issues with tech staff apparently not available over holidays, it's time to re-instate this public definitions link!!

Thanks.

Edited by E_Chester
  • Like 2

On 3-1-2018 at 10:31 PM, E_Chester said:

Please bring back the option for users to directly download definitions manually to update our AdAware security software.

I second this idea!
Admittedly I didn't know the option had been there before...
I did noticed hiccups in definition updates on occasions, this could be a splendid solution for costumers no?

On 1/5/2018 at 1:32 PM, Rose-Dew said:

I second this idea!
Admittedly I didn't know the option had been there before...
I did noticed hiccups in definition updates on occasions, this could be a splendid solution for costumers no?

Thanks Rose-Dew. I couldn't agree more! We used to be able to download definitions directly, and I'm not sure why that option was taken away :-(  I hope Lavasoft/AdAware brings it back soon.

Please let us be able to save adaware all settings to a file and then load it any time in adaware, so after reinstalling it or other reason which causes settings reset, will save us much time.

Edited by specopsbarton
  • Like 1

Hi Guys. From what I have seen and this is the first time using the product, it finds stuff that a dozen different security apps have not even found on my computer! Love it! However I seriously think, and this is with my bad eyes as well, is that the after scan results screen is still to big! Please make the results screen smaller and make sure there are no options to resize it or anything else for that matter because that would be just confusing! We can see all the info already so there is no need to make anything bigger. I am impressed with the product. I really am. Its just I think you could make the screen smaller for convenience sake.

2018-06-23_230514.thumb.png.58baf33ade71f87c2d6a6bf663a5458b.png

Absolutely ridiculous. All you had to do was make it so the program could update within itself. Instead, anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour after I turn my computer on, I'd get that stupid pop-up forcing itself onto the top of my screen, telling me "almost complete! Just click here to update!"

I'd be in the middle of a game, and it would completely screw me over. So whatever. I'd click the button, and then it forces open Microsoft Edge, even though Chrome is set to my default browser and literally everything else opens Chrome, and then in Edge it tells me that I have to click somewhere to download the update. What? No. This is 2018. The program should be able to download updates without forcing open some browser that I don't use. The program should realize that it has an update immediately after it starts. The program should not be forcing a stupid update notification to top priority. 

There are too many other good unintrusive antivirus options out there to put up with this. Yes, those may be small issues. Yes, I could have downloaded the update from the website. But if my antivirus can't handle those simple things on its own, then I'm not going to trust it with the security of my computer. Get real.

Por este medio les felicito por su producto y a la vez le recomendaría que en la barra que tienen a la izquierda donde se pone el nombre en naranja cuando uno pasa el mouse por ella que se despliegue un sub menú. 

Por ejemplo: en Analizar Ordenador  ustedes tienen la opción de cuarentena adentro de esta, pero hay que entrar en la opción   Analizar Ordenador y empezar a buscar lo deseado. En cambio con el sub menú solo seria de escoger cuarentena y listo.

Antemano se le agradece su atención.

Adaware-Antivirus-Free.jpg

Edited by jpmg

2 hours ago, jpmg said:

The post above translates approx. to:

By this means I congratulate you for your product and at the same time I would recommend that in the bar that you have to the left where the name is put in orange when you pass the mouse through it that a sub menu is displayed.

For example: in Analyze Computer you have the option of quarantine inside of this, but you have to enter the option Analyze Computer and start looking for the desired. On the other hand, with the sub menu it would only be to choose quarantine and that's it.

Beforehand, your attention is appreciated.