Sign in to follow this  
BWarriner

BitDefender Threat Scanner error when attempting to start Adaware Antivirus

Question

Upon rebooting my computer today (Windows 7 Pro), I received an error message from BitDefender Threat Scanner, "A problem has occurred in BitDefender Threat Scanner. A file containing erro information has been created at C:\Windows\TEMP\8040f9f7-70e0-469a-90a3-4c125905613c\Bit Defender Threat Scanner.dmp. You are strongly encouraged to send the file to the developers of the application for further investigation of the error." This occurs at both reboot as well as if I attempt to manually start Adaware Antivirus. Any suggestions?

6 answers to this question

This is a easier and faster solution from adaware software:

1. Use Windows Explorer and go to the folder C:\Program Files\adaware\adaware antivirus\Antimalware Engine\definitions and delete the folders loc1 and loc2.

2. Restart the computer.

There was a bug in a definition update from Bitdefender and the above will delete the definitions and after the restart new corrected definitions will be downloaded.

Hi BWarriner,

Please uninstall adaware antivirus, restart the computer, run the adaware removal tool and restart the computer again before installing adaware antivirus again.
Adaware removal tool: https://www.adaware.com/removal-tool

If that doesn't help , please follow the instructions in the topic https://forum.adaware.com/index.php?/topic/34799-how-to-report-a-problem/ and upload also the file mentioned in the error report (you need to zip that file too).

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Russyboy said:

I have exactly the same situation as of today. Spybot bit defender message just before PC password. Then when I open Adaware it says Service Unavailable.

Hi @Russyboy,

Since you've Spybot as well, you might need to totally uninstall Spybot too, before installing both programs again. If the company behind Spybot has a special removal/uninstallation program to completely remove Spybot, please use it.

18 hours ago, CeciliaB said:

This is a easier and faster solution from adaware software:

1. Use Windows Explorer and go to the folder C:\Program Files\adaware\adaware antivirus\Antimalware Engine\definitions and delete the folders loc1 and loc2.

2. Restart the computer.

There was a bug in a definition update from Bitdefender and the above will delete the definitions and after the restart new corrected definitions will be downloaded.

Thank You Cecilia!!

We have been dealing with This BitDefender Threat Scanner.. didn't have time to unistall etc yesterday. The above worked quickly!

1 hour ago, Grateful Newbie said:

Thank You Cecilia!!

We have been dealing with This BitDefender Threat Scanner.. didn't have time to unistall etc yesterday. The above worked quickly!

You're welcome :)

I'm glad that it worked!